Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

CoS from waiver to spouse visa 2024/5/5 01:25
I recently saw a similar question where the poster was planning on getting married while in Japan and applying for spouse visa. My situation is different in that my Japanese wife and I are already married and living in Canada. If I enter Japan on my visa free 90 days, would I have any problems getting a CoS to spouse visa while I am there? I obviously didn't enter for marriage because we're already married so I'm hoping there would be no issue, but I'm nervous because everything I read says you can't get long term visa while visiting on short-term, and I don't want to risk deportation.
by LG39 (guest)  

Re: CoS from waiver to spouse visa 2024/5/5 09:34
Please see my answer under gchange to spouse while in Japan,h that is the best I know.

You donft have to worry about deportation - the worst that could happen is that you go apply for the change and your application gets rejected so you have to leave the country once.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: CoS from waiver to spouse visa 2024/5/5 10:42
the two processes request you almost the same official documents. you can apply it when you are in your country easily. (the application can be done by a proxy person like your wife's parents. even when you apply the status change in Japan, Japanese parents' helps may be necessary.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread