Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wisteria in Kyushu and Tokyo (2015) 2015/2/5 12:22
This year Ifm planning to visit both Kawachi Fuji Garden and Ashikaga Flower Park for Wisteria.

Should I start my trip at Kyushu first (Kawachi Fuji Garden) because I heard the wisteria in Kyushu will be in full bloom earlier than in Tokyo ??

I really want to avoid the golden week so please advise which schedule is better for viewing the full bloom Wisteria in one of these parks.
April 20 – May 2 or
May 7 – May 19
Thank you very much.
by taksaornc  

Re: Wisteria in Kyushu and Tokyo (2015) 2015/2/5 14:21
Two years ago, I made two trips to Kawachi Fuji Gardens about a week apart. The second visit was just before golden week.

The wisteria had just started to bloom on the first visit, and I was allowed to visit for half price.

When I came the second time, about two days before golden week started, the wisteria blooms were extending down into the tunnels, and most of the flowers were blooming.

The timing is dependent on the weather, and I cannot give you more than this. I will say that the Hakata Port Festival was wonderful, and the Flower Festival in Horoshima was also worth going to, expecially the Yosakoi Dance Parade. Both of these occur during golden week.

If I ever go back near golden week, I would plan to see all three places again.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria in Kyushu and Tokyo (2015) 2015/3/16 13:37
Has anyone been to the Kawachi Wisteria Park on Kyushu after Golden Week? Is that too late?
by Linda (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread