Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enquiry on Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/2/22 14:38
Hello there,

Sorry to bother on same questions (if posed before by other users).

Need help from users here to assess if my purchase for Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide is suitable for my following routes:

1. Day 1 from Chubu Central International Airport to Nagoya Station
2. Day 4 from Nagoya station to Namba Station (Osaka)
3. Day 7 from Namba Station (Osaka) to Kansai Airport

Is this wide pass for unreserved seat only?

For train timetable of Day 1 and Day 7 routes, do I use the same info found on Nankai Railway and Meitetsu Railway in Hyperdia.com. There are many different names of Nankai trains to Kansai airport in different duration journey. Any restrictions on the type of trains if using Kintetsu rail pass wide? Any restriction on Meitetsu line also?

For Day 4 route timetable, I donft seem to find any in Hyperdia.com. Where else can I obtain information.

Appreciate help pls. Thank you.
by sam (guest)  

Re: Enquiry on Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/2/22 22:47
I have not used this pass yet, but it comes with two airport transfers, and three uses of the Limited Express trains on the Kintetsu rail line.

If you use Hyperdia to check route, you can put in KintetsuNagoya Station to Osaka-Namba station, and then de-select the boxes for Shinkansen and JR Trains, the Kintetsu Limited Express route will pop up. When I checked the "seat fee" window, I found a reserved and a delux seat fee. I didn't find an unreserved seat fee.

My guess would be that these three uses on the Kintetsu pass would be for reserved seats, but I am not sure.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Enquiry on Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/3/13 17:20
For - Day 4 under hyperdia type Kintetsunagoya to Osaka-Namba

untick - Japan Railway(JR)

Take time: 146 Minutes Transfer: 0 Times Distance: 189.7 km

Total:\ 4,260(TicketFare:\ 2,360 Seat Fee:\ 1,900)

All covered by Kintetsu Rail Pass
by Angeline Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enquiry on Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/3/13 17:29
The transfer from Nagoya Chubu Airport to Meitetsu Nagoya or from Kansai Airport to Nankai Namba is for local / rapid / express trains only, but not for Limited Express trains for which a supplement will need to be paid. You cannot tear out the transfer coupon, you need to hand the pass to the ticketing staff who will tear it and hand you a ticket in exchange for the train ride.
There are 3 Ltd Express coupons which you can use to reserve seats on the Limited Express trains operated by Kintetsu Railways, these Ltd Express coupons cannot be used for Meitetsu/Nankai airport transfers on their Ltd Express trains. My understanding is for the return from town to the airport, you need to begin the journey from the origin of the train journey, example Nankai Namba to Kansai Airport, you cannot hand in the coupon at an intermediate station along the way, this means you need to take a train ride to Nankai Namba, where you change your coupon for the ride back to the airport. This was from my actual experience.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enquiry on Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/3/14 22:25
Thank you to all for your info on my questions.

I am still a bit confused about the eligibility of the vouchers for Ltd Exp train.

3 vouchers are allowed for Ltd Exp on this pass. Can I used 2 vouchers to exchange and use it on the Ltd Exp trains from (I) Chubu airport to Meitustunagoya Station and (2) Namba Nankai station to Kansai airport?

Do I need to pay a supplement fee for using the voucher to make seat reservation on Ltd Exp train? How much is the supplement fee?

Thank you.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enquiry on Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/3/14 23:00
3 vouchers are allowed for Ltd Exp on this pass. Can I used 2 vouchers to exchange and use it on the Ltd Exp trains from (I) Chubu airport to Meitustunagoya Station and (2) Namba Nankai station to Kansai airport?

NO.
3 vouchers are allowed for Ltd Exp of Kintetsu railway company.

it is not easy to go from Nagoya to Osaka without limited express ticket.
but, going from Namba to KIX is easy by regular express trains. it takes about 50 min, while limited express takes 40 min.
do you want to pay limited express fare (510 yen) for only 10 min ?
eventually, when you fail to take a limited express(A) and wait the next limited express(B), a regular express(C) will depart between the two limited expresses, and the express(C) will arrive at KIX before limited express(B) arrives. in this case, you waste both of time and money.
locals never take limited express in Nankai railways.
however, the situation in Kintetsu railways are slightly different. Kintetsu runs more wide area. if you take a long ride in Kintetsu, it is better to take limited express. (if you go from Osaka to Nara, you may not necessary to use limited express. it only takes a hour by regular express.)

the reason why they don't supply limited express in Nankai and Meitetsu, is "it is not necessary for regular travels."
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread