Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/2 17:51
We have received an email from Jetstar Australia saying our flight will depart from the new Narita Terminal 3.
Google tells me :
1.it will open on April 8 (we depart April 16)
2. it is purely for low cost carriers
3. it is 500 meters from any current transport: and there are PLANS FOR (not there WILL BE) a shuttle from Terminal 2....
4. it will have the best food court of any airport in Japan, as well as Duty Free, 24/7 convenience stores etc
So, does anyone know
A. will nearby Narita hotel shuttle buses stop at Terminal 3?
B. Will there be any lounges at all for gBusiness Classh passengers?
I guess Low Cost doesnft seem appropriate for Business Class, but Jetstar certainly offers it.....and some of us have paid for it!!

Guess we are in for a different departure than anticipated with our Jetstar Business fares...

and yes, I have asked Jetstar these same questions...waiting for answers.....

by AusTF  

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/2 22:09
This is all I could find from Narita's website:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/terminal3/en/special/index.html
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/2 23:00
New Terminal 3 will be an extension of current Terminal 2, so to arrive there you will have to do it through the usual buses and trains to T2 and then walk (o use the new shuttle buses) to T3.

http://www.narita-airport.jp/terminal3/en/special/access.html
by FunkHouse rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/3 05:22
The terminal didn't look close to completion last month, but probably those are cosmetic issues - they were still building links to the carparks.

It looks like they are going to use existing infrastructure for transport - it is not that far from T2, and it's not like they are going to add another train stop.

I have not seen a detailed map of the terminal yet, waiting for the airport to update their floor guide.

by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/3 07:12
Thanks all. Guess we will wait and see: 500meters with suitcases doesnft appeal though.......
Thanks again
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/3 07:15
Put a post up and tell us how you go. I've got to do the same thing departing here on the 17th April
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/3 08:51
Guess we will wait and see: 500meters with suitcases doesnft appeal though.......

There will also be free shuttle buses between terminal 3 and terminal 2 running every 5-12 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/3/3 08:58
Thanks Uji: we shall manage!!

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/10 06:18
Anyone been through terminal 3 for Jetstar yet? Looking at the map it seems that the international terminal is right at the main building, then the walk to terminal 2 isn't any further (if any further) than the distance we had to walk to the Jetstar planes when they parked at the end of terminal 2. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/13 22:43
Anyone been through terminal 3 for Jetstar yet?
No, but will be on our way home on this Thursday morning with Jetstar to Melbourne.
I shall report when I can: hopefully before take off on the advertised free WiFi
When do you travel??

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/14 04:13
Thursday at 11, Queensland time. tick tock tick tock....

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/14 07:39
Sorry, that's Friday at 11AM. Getting ahead of myself....

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/14 08:13
OK shall definitely try to respond before we take off!

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/16 09:31
OK Lazy Pious: It's 9.25 am. We caught the 8.25 am shuttle bus from the ANA Crowne Plaza. It drops you at Departures so we got a trolley straight away, went down 2 escalators and followedvthe excellent signage to Terminal 3. 650 meters.
It IS a bit of a hike: wouldn't want to do it with small children. Or without a trolley.
However we were checked in very efficiently (Business Class : no lounge available) and are now sitting eating a rather delightful 600 yen Udon breakfast set. Yummo.
For you, from arrivals, you need to leave luggage trolleys at the top of the escalator. But there are loads at the bottom of the escalator at the beginning of the walkway.
The walkway is plexipave surface: nice on the feet.
We investigated the shuttle bus option when we arrived at the airport yesterday. It is like the shuttle between domestic and international in Sydney: would be very very difficult with luggage. We decided against very quickly..
Good luck tomorrow!!

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/16 09:39
BTW we have not yet cleared security or Immigration as the food court offerings are excellent and appear minimal " on the other side". We will do our final shopping " on the other side" though.

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/16 11:20
OK. Through to the "other side" now.
Security seemed to take fOrever, but probably wasn't unreasonable.. I'd be wary of doing it close to flight time though.
Immigration etc breezy easy.
Much much smaller duty free and Akihabara souvenir offerings compared to Narita 2.
Minimal seating, but sufficient for flights leaving at our time ( we board at 11.45am).
Here endeth the Narita 3 report!!

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/16 14:06
Awesome, thanks very much for your trouble

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/17 14:17
Last comment: NO AIRBRIDGE: beware of the steps!!!!

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/22 14:16
Couple of other observations on the new terminal.

a) the Narita Express in train announcements still only refer to T1 and T2.
b) the trek from the train platform to the terminal is probably longer than 650m when the distance markers start. Signage is ok
c) the walkway is covered, but not fully enclosed. On a nice day ok, in a howling storm :((
d) inside (once you get there), it's pretty functional. Arrivals come out on the same floor as departures.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Terminal 3? 2015/4/22 18:59
b) the trek from the train platform to the terminal is probably longer than 650m when the distance markers start. Signage is ok
c) the walkway is covered, but not fully enclosed. On a nice day ok, in a howling storm :((

SOOOO agree: try the trek from the Departures level, which is where the Hotel shuttle deposit you......I figure at a minimum it is at least 1+++klm: and I have the iPhone Health app to prove it.....read 2.2 klms from hotel room (ANA Crowne Plaza: we were in a room next to the lifts) to check out to bus to Narita 2 to Narita 3......
AND as the shuttle with luggage is useless (not even sure if it is possible to Takhaiuban to Narita 3) the walk is obligatory: and it was a fine day, with 3 able-bodied adults: dread to consider poor weather, young children, disabled........
BUT it is what it is, its not going to change, so it is up to the traveller to manage it.
Just beware the pitfalls, and possibly consider not using a LCC......
For south eastern Aussies: Jetstar into Terminal 3 direct out of Melbourne V Qantas via Sydney into Terminal 2...HMMMM......given my other thread re exchanging JR Passes at Terminal 2, given health and agility, think it will be the LCC and "suck it up, Princess"......

reply to this thread