Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kumano Kodo 2015/3/12 22:30
Hello, we will be in Japan for the first time and selected the places where we want to go:

Kyoto
Nara
Koyasan
Himaji Castle
Naoshima
Miyashima
Mt Aso
Sakurajima (Kagoshima)
Yakushima
Tokyo
Mt Fuji
Nikko

I was wondering how beautiful Kumano Kodo really is. I am sure it is nice but is it worth to go there instead of one/two other things of that list? Because I like trekking but we also have nice forests in Germany und temples we will see in many other places in Japan also. If I would have more time I would go there but now I have to decide what to see.... What is your opinion about Kumano Kodo?

Thank you very much for your opinions!
by monic bw  

Re: Kumano Kodo 2015/3/13 20:34
Kumano Kodo is worth to go but you will be able to hike in Yakushima, Miyajima, Koyasan, Mt Fuji and Nikko. So skip Kumano Kodo.
by mijiro rate this post as useful

Re: Kumano Kodo 2015/3/13 21:00
Don't forget that it takes A LONG TIME to get to Kumano Kodo.

The only reason I know is that I'm currently planning to visit there in July. It's meant to be nice - but it's not what people do on their first trip.

If you want somewhere that is totally off the main radar but I can't speak highly enough of - it's Hagi in Chugoku. It's also faster to get there than it looks - I think around 70 minutes by bus from Shin-Yamaguchi station (shinkansen station).

http://www.japan-guide.com/community/mfedley/report-1422
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kumano Kodo 2015/3/15 22:27
Thank you very much! That was really helpful!
by monic bw rate this post as useful

reply to this thread