Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Itinerary 2015/3/14 01:15
Do you think it is possible to visit in one day (from 9:00) Daigoji, Kiyomizudera, walking in Higashiyama and Shorenin? I want to visit all the places inside the Kiyomizudera, including Taisanji. I was considering 2,5 hours for Daigoji (Shimodaigo, Samboin and, maybe, the museum), about 1 hour to get Kiyomizudera, 2 hours for Kiyomizudera, 1 hour walking in Higashiyama to Shorenin.
Or it easier to do Daigoji-Tojiin-Ryoanji-Kinkakuji?
Thanks!
by Piuma  

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2015/3/14 13:02
It is possible. You may take Subway Tozai Line from Daigo to Higashiyama and taxi to Kiyomizudera.
by mijiro rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2015/3/14 21:24
Erm... Kiyomizudera is not one of those temples with a garden where you can sit and have a retrospective moment. An hour should be sufficient. Besides the uphill walk to Kiyomizudera (can taxi up and walk down), most of the walking is pretty light. It takes from 6 to 18 minutes to walk from one subway station to another. Kyoto is really that small.

What all this means is that your plan is doable.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2015/4/14 01:38
Thank you for helping! :)
by Piuma rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2015/4/14 11:32
One hour at Kiyomizudera is plenty; you don't want to stay too long with all the crowds anyway! Definitely try and fit in Kinkakuji - it was the prettiest thing I saw in Japan, for sure.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread