Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

credit card 2015/3/14 10:16
Hello
Do I need to carry lots of cash while visiting Japan or credit FOREX card is accepted every where like metro , buses, stores, entry fees, resutautants
Thanks
by vivek Gupta (guest)  

Re: credit card 2015/3/14 13:02
I don't know what FOREX credit card is, but you can use internationally branded credit cards (such as MasterCard or Visa) at large places, such as hotels in bigger cities, chain hotels, department stores, stores in large shopping malls, and some restaurants (there will be the brand logos on the windows). But I would not expect buses, temples, metro, smaller restaurants to accept credit cards. Be ready with some cash on you.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: credit card 2015/3/14 15:19
Take cash.

You can use credit card for larger items like hotels or for JR tickets, but taxis, many restaurants, shops and the like, you will need cash. It is generally safe to carry.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: credit card 2015/3/14 15:36
I opened a CapitalOne 360 Checking when I traveled to Japan. Worked for ATM getting Cash or as a MasterCard.
by me (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: credit card 2015/3/14 19:25
Definitely take some cash to start off with, and then have access to a Cash Card, and have a credit card for any major purchases eg major hotels, large department stores etc.
Over the 8 years we have been travelling to Japan we have found that more restaurants etc are now using credit cards, but never rely on a credit card in Japan, always have cash.
A rule of thumb we use is that if it takes a credit card it will generally be more expensive....we may be wrong but thats what we go by.
it is very safe to carry cash in Japan.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread