Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestion first solo 2 weeks trip in Japan 2015/3/15 18:36
Hi guys, I'm planning my first solo visit to Japan for two weeks in June. I wish to visit following places but not sure if it would really doable or travel wise. Any suggestion would be gratefully received:-

Day 1-2 Tokyo
Day 3 Mt Fuji
Day 4 Mt Koya
Day 5 -6 Kyoto
Day 7-8 Okayama with a day visit to Naoshima Island
Day 9 Mijyajima island, Hiroshima
Day 10-12 Kanazawa with one day to Tateyama Kurobe
Day 13 free
Day 14 Tokyo

I have also looked into Kyushu too but not sure if it would be too much to try squeeze in as above seems rather packed already.

Grateful for comments on my draft routing above and any suggestion on places to stay, trains would be all welcome

Many many thanks!
by Astra (guest)  

Re: Suggestion first solo 2 weeks trip in Japan 2015/3/16 01:01
I always say to just do Tokyo & Kyoto/Nara on the first trip. That is plenty for two weeks. Also you can get a 1 week JR Pass instead of 2. I would suggest, 2 Nights in Tokyo to get your bearings. Then Kyoto for 6 nights & finally back to Tokyo for the rest of the holiday. As well as Nara, Kyoto lets you day trip to Osaka or Himeji or even Naoshima at a pinch but there is enough in Kyoto & Nara to fill your time.
If you do want to do Hiroshima then I would suggest 4 nights in Kyoto & 2 in Hiroshima. This gives you a day and a half in Hiroshima in case the weather is against you for Miyajima.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread