Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying for extra luggage on flights 2015/3/16 14:04
Flying to/from using Japanese airlines, have you paid for an extra piece of luggage?

Depending on the airline, an extra piece can cost $150-300.

I have much to bring home and can't ship it. I really want to bring an extra piece of luggage, But my friends say the extra pieces get lost easier???

Is this true? Sounds ridiculous to me..

But I would hate to pay $200 for my extra luggage to get lost..
by ... (guest)  

Re: Paying for extra luggage on flights 2015/3/16 14:35
Flying to/from using Japanese airlines, have you paid for an extra piece of luggage?

Yes.

Depending on the airline, an extra piece can cost $150-300.

Typically 10,000-15,000 yen depending on your destination and airline. For example, here's the fee schedule for JAL:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/bag/

I have much to bring home and can't ship it. I really want to bring an extra piece of luggage,

You get 2 free checks these days on many airlines, so you might not need that extra bag.

But my friends say the extra pieces get lost easier???

That's ridiculous. Your extra bag will have no more chance of getting lost than your other luggage, assuming you checked them all at the same time.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Paying for extra luggage on flights 2015/3/16 20:42
ah thank you yllwsmrf it did sound so ridiculous to me i thought hm maybe this is something their parents told them so they don't spend extra money on luggage lol
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread