Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokushima's Awa Odori 2015/3/20 22:51
I'd like to visit Tokushima during the Awa Odori this year. But the closest I am able to get a hotel is in Takamatsu.

Does anyone have any idea how crowded the trains will be between these two cities during the festival? I'll be using a JR Pass, so I won't be able to make train reservations until I arrive in Japan on July 31st.
by daai maou  

Re: Tokushima's Awa Odori 2015/3/22 19:31
I think Takamatsu is a good base.
Special trains run during the Obon Awa Odori period. You will also have an unreserved seat.
by mijiro rate this post as useful

Re: Tokushima's Awa Odori 2015/3/23 22:28
Mijiro,

Thank you for letting me know about special trains running during the Awa Odori. Hopefully their schedules show up in Hyperdia soon.
by daai maou rate this post as useful

Re: Tokushima's Awa Odori 2015/3/26 20:40
On 12-15 August, 2014 Awaodori-go departed Tokushima at 22:41.
http://www.jr-shikoku.co.jp/03_news/press/14-05-23/02.htm
Most of Japanese tourists take the bus tour. I think you don't need to worry about that.
by mijiro rate this post as useful

Re: Tokushima's Awa Odori 2015/8/10 08:04
i did the Takamatsu to Tokushima trip for the Awa Odori festival and the trains will be fairly crowded, since this is a very popular festival. they will have a special schedule and extra trains running during the festival.

there will be people passing out flyers with the train schedule, plus the schedule will be posted at the stations along the route.
by akamai4u rate this post as useful

reply to this thread