Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kitayamazaki coast access 2015/4/3 13:07
I'm planning to go to Kitayamazaki in early May on the way from Sapporo to Tokyo and I have some questions about getting there:

(1) I'm finding conflicting info about buses from Tanohata station to Kitayamazaki. One site (http://wikitravel.org/en/Tanohata) says there is no bus service Saturday and Sunday, but the JNTO website says there is service on Saturdays. Which is correct?

(2) Is it possible to get to Kitayamazaki from another station besides Tanohata where the buses would be more frequent? Fudai station seems to be nearby but I can't any info on buses from it.

(3) Can I rent a bike somewhere in Tanohata (or another station nearby) to bike to the coast?

(4) How far would it be to walk from Tanohata or Fudai station to the coast? Or take the bus there and walk back? Would it be a scenic walk?

Also, (5) are there are nice hikes around Kitayamazaki observatory to take in the coast?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
by Elbereth (guest)  

Re: Kitayamazaki coast access 2015/4/4 07:52
I think the most reliable source should be that from Kinayamazaki Visitor Center.

http://www.tanohata-taiken.jp/vc/access/

From Tanohata station on Sanriku railway to Kitayamazaki, several "shared taxis" are operated. For more information call 0194-33-2121.

Fare 800 yen per person one way.

Tanohata station to Kitayamazaki (Taxi is waiting at Tanohata station)

1st departure 8:55 (Connecting Kuji 8:05 8:52 Tanohata and Miyako 8:00 8:52 Tanohata)
2nd 11:25
3rd 13:10
4th 14:05
5th 16:00

For return trip, please book when you reach Kitayamazaki (perhaps you can hand on a paper to the driver writing your name and the time you want to ride).

1st 10:40
2nd 12:40
3rd 14:30
4th 15:30
5th 16:50
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread