Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which is more convenient? 2015/4/5 00:49
Please help me deciding on my two options. On which is more convenient and cost effective.
From Nagoya Airport 9:00 pm :
1. Go straight in OSAKA (shinosaka probably) to get nearest hotel and stay there for two nights for NARA and KYOTO Adventure.

2. From Nagoya Airport 9:00 PM, Get hotel near nagoya and travel the next morning in osaka.

from these two, what would you think is more okay? Plus 9:00 pm arrival in Nagoya Airport, Do you think we can still use trains that late? if not, what are my options?

Thanks!(=
by Eric (guest)  

Re: Which is more convenient? 2015/4/5 08:15
I recommend to spend the first night at a hotel at Nagoya Airport or central Nagoya and then travel to Osaka on the next day. Here are your options for travel (various budget options are available):
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3302.html?aFROM=2155_2157

I recommend so because I would be tired at the end of a flight and would appreciate if I did not had to travel any further. Also, the last connection to Osaka depart the airport around 10pm. If you flight were delayed, there is a risk that you mi the last connection. Furthermore, the only way to get from Nagoya to Osaka at this time of the day is by shinkansen, the most expensive option. If you wanted to take a cheaper option, that would be impossible on the day of arrival.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Which is more convenient? 2015/4/5 08:56
Agreed. I'd stay in Nagoya (Westin Castle hotel is nice but a bit of a hike to the train station) then take the shinkansen to Kyoto and the train from there to Nara. The trip from Kyoto to Nara is very nice, and if you could, stop off at Uji for a quick look around.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which is more convenient? 2015/4/5 15:49
There is Toyoko Inn Hotel at Nagoya Centrair airport. You can wheel an airport cart crossing a walkway bridge into hotel lobby. They also serve early breakfast at around 6 am. You can catch a train from Centrair (not JR) to Nagoya station and change to Shinkansen to Kyoto or Shin Osaka.
by Th (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread