Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kansai Wide Area Pass 2015/4/5 22:56
I will be going Osaka-Nama-kinosaki-kyoto from 14 Oct to 24 Oct. (Kansai Airport---Onishiya Suisyoen----Nishiki Market----Gion----Inari----Arashiyama-----Kyoto----Kiyomizu Temple----Kiyomizu-zaka----Higashiyama District----Namba-----Umeda----USS----Kamigata Onsen Ikkyu)

Is JR KANSAI WIDE AREA PASS suitable for me?

If yes, It is only for 5 consecutive days. But my trip is 10days. Is there 10 days for this pass? or can I purchase 2 of this 5 consecutive day pass?
by xiao xin (guest)  

Re: JR Kansai Wide Area Pass 2015/4/6 18:41
The pass is good for intercity travel but not so for intracity travel.

How about spending two days in Osaka, one day in Kinosaki and the rest of the time in Kyoto?
Airport-Osaka-Kinosaki-Kyoto within 5 days seems possible.
by kanazawa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Wide Area Pass 2015/4/6 22:30
Yes.. we are staying abt 1 day in kinosaki, 2 days in Kyoto and the rest of the days in osaka (namba, umeda, USS etc around osaka).

The places that i wrote below is abt all the places i will go..

so is JR Kansai wide area pass suitable? Do i need to buy 2 of this pass since my travel is 10days and the pass is for 5 days only. Or is there 10 days passs?

Thanks!
by xiao xin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Wide Area Pass 2015/4/7 10:03
If you really want to, buy two passes. But as I said prior, the pass is mostly used for intercity travel. Between the cities of Kinosaki onsen, kyoto, and osaka. When travelling within Osaka and Kyoto, you should get a train/bus pass for Osaka and Kyoto if you travel extensively in a day if not then individual tickets are cheaper.

For Kyoto you are going to multiple places in two days so a bus pass might be worth considering. For Osaka as you have 5 days or so in just one city, a pass is not needed.
by kanazawa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Wide Area Pass 2015/4/7 13:43
Thanks for ur reply!

I get what you mean now!! Haha
As i am only travelling to 3 cities (kinosaki, osaka and kyoto) so dont really need kansai wide area pass...

So individual ticket is more suitable. Correct?

Individual ticket you mentioned below is ticket for travelling between cities (kinosaki, osaka and kyoto). Then when we travelling with the cities (e.g within osaka and kyoto) we need the subway ticket? May i correct? Sorry the train transport in Japan is very confusing:(
by xiao xin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Wide Area Pass 2015/4/7 20:50
So individual ticket is more suitable. Correct?

I don't think so. You should cover your first 5 days with Kansai Wide Area Pass 8500 yen. If you buy your ticket individually, the total cost would be around 13000 yen. Note that, when you get limited express trains, the pass does not cover reserved seat fee. You can get on non-resreved seat for free though.

Then when we travelling with the cities (e.g within osaka and kyoto) we need the subway ticket?

Even if you have Kansai Wide Area Pass, yes, you must buy the subway ticket when you use the subway, since subways in Kyoto and Osaka are operated by each city but not by JR.

Sorry the train transport in Japan is very confusing:(

Japan is the country of train :). Though it is very complicated, you can travel almost everywhere by train which is very punctual. Enjoy your train trip in Japan!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread