Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/6 18:40
Hello!

Me and my friends will be traveling to Japan in summer. We are at the point where we have to book the hotels, but are unsure of the tag that hostelworld has for some hostels - age restriction.

Since all of us will be 19 years old at that time (and as far as I know you are underaged until you're 20) we are concerned if that will be an issue when staying at a hotel.

An example of such a hostel:
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Khaosan-World-Asakusa-HOS...

It has the tag "age restriction."
by Sick0ne  

Re: Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/7 12:06
This is one of the most interesing questions in a while. Considering there are kids who fly solo, I don't see the issue with hotel staying below the adult age.
by kanazawa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/7 15:19
"Age restriction" could mean anything, you would need to contact them to know what the restriction actually is. There is no general rule which says minors can't book a hotel room, but that may or may not be what this particular hotel means.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/7 17:23
Being 19, you shouldn't have any problem. A hostel I stayed at years back, there were a few 17 year olds staying there solo. Age restriction most likely refers to families with very young children.

I've stayed at Khoasan. The age restriction, like most hostels is for very young children (infant to 10 years).

Ex.

"We are afraid that we can not accommodate children under 10 years old in any dormitory room. Please book private room to stay with children.
*All children under 4 years stay at no extra charge when using existing beds.
*All children aged 4 or over stay at adult rate even when using existing beds. "

If in doubt, email or call the hostel.
by Zarf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/7 20:10
I've only heard of some hotel being over 18, especially most love hotels.

At the age of 19, you should be alright with majority of the hotels.

You can try booking.com, after making a reservation, there is a messaging section to contact the hotels, just ask all your questions there, if it's not right you can always just cancel the booking, but always read the cancellation policy first before making reservation.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/7 20:26
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Age restriction for hotels 2015/4/8 03:21
Thank you for the answers. I asked before I made a reservation since the booking fee is non refundable.

I booked the hotel now, since there shouldn't be any complications (at least not because of our age).
by Sick0ne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread