Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling around Nikko 2015/4/6 19:01
Hi there,

I'm looking to travel to Nikko via JR Kanto East Pass so that I can experience shinkansen for once.

However, when I checked through the travel around Nikko page, there's no option on how I can travel around Nikko area if I don't have a Tobu-Nikko Free Pass. All the passes offered include round trip from Tokyo which isn't necessary to me.

Is there another option to get a day-pass to use the buses around Nikko? I'm looking to visit the shrines as well as Lake Chuzenjiko.

Also, will it be much better to just go to Nikko via the Tobu-Nikko free pass from Tokyo and forget about riding a shinkansen?

Appreciate a prompt response as I'm heading there next week.

Thanks!
by purplishamethyst  

Re: Travelling around Nikko 2015/4/7 21:25
Hello.
The following link is about Tobu bus free pass.
These passes covered only buses around Nikko area,not include railway from/to Nikko and Tokyo.
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/service/ticket/nikko.html
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling around Nikko 2015/4/9 12:54
Hello there,

Thank you for the link! Even though it's in Japanese, I managed to figure out which to take by looking through the surrounding attractions for their Japanese names.

Have a good day!
by purplishamethyst rate this post as useful

reply to this thread