Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/7 11:49
Hi. M planning to do a day trip to visit the KaWachi Fuji Gardens on the 28th April. Will be traveling from Kyoto. can someone kindly advise me how to get there by train? Which train? The fare? The JR pass doesn't seem to b a good option for us as we are going to b traveling mainly within the Kansai area during our stay. Tqvm.
by Ruby (guest)  

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/7 14:35
Hello.
I think that Kawachifuji Garden is too far to make a day trip from Kansai area,although it is not impossible.
If you want do a day trip,you have to take Shinkansen from Kyoto,Osaka,Kobe etc. to JR Kokura station in Kyushu early in the morning.
From JR Kokura satiation,you have to take the bus bound for Nishitetsu bus center and stop off at Yawatahigasikuyakushoshita bus stop.
And then you take the bus bound for Kamishigeta to the last bus stop.
From there you have to take about 4km walk to Kawachifuji Garden.
I think you should better use a lental car,if you have an international driving license.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/8 08:40
To for yr very kind reply Pembroke. I'd like to ask abit more abt the Shinkansen to Kyoto - since I'm not buying the JR pass (which I can purchase only fr outside of Japan), can I buy the Shikansen tickets from the Kyoto station for travel to the Yahata Station? Is this ticket going to cost me more than a 7day JR pass? I read abt the Nozomi fr Kyoto to Yahata Stn but could not find the schedule nor fares. I really appreciate your input.
Tqvm.
by Ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/10 11:53
Hi again Pembroke. R you familiar with the JR West pass? M i able to use it on the nozomi from Kyoto to Yahata Stn in kitakyushu?thx.
by Ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/10 14:29
Hello.
Thank you for calling me again.
JR WEST RAIL PASS has many varieties,the most widely area covered one is Sanyo-San'in pass which covers Sanyo-Shinkansen area from Shin-Osaka station to Kokura station(in Kitakyushu) including NOZOMI.
You need to buy the ticket separately from Kyoto to Shin-osaka ,because this section is Tokaido-Shinkansen area not covered by JR WEST RAIL PASS.
Also you need to buy the ticket of local line separately from Kokura to Yawata ,because the pass covers only Shinkansen but not local lines in Kyushu.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

Re: Kawachi Fuji gardens 2015/4/10 14:36
As a additional information,Yawata station is not Shinkansen station.
The nearest Shinkansen station from Yawata is Kokura station.
It takes about 15 minutes and it costs about 300yen from Yawata to Kokura.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread