Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Minimum age to travel alone in Japan? 2015/4/20 00:41
I am planning on taking a trip to Japan this summer with a friend, but the friend might not be able to go. I'm just wondering if I am too young for it to be safe for me to go alone if need be.

BACKGROUND INFO
*I will be 19 during the time of the trip
*I have some Japanese language experience
*I went to Japan last year with a group
*I would be there for around two weeks
*I am female

Thanks
by SymoneG  

Re: Minimum age to travel alone in Japan? 2015/4/20 12:12
Honestly - you will be fine in Japan. Remember - this is a country where 6 year olds catch the train to school by themselves....

The main thing is just to think smart about what you do and where you go. Being a female, being out late at night (aka 2AM) in the bar district might not be a good idea, but you'll probably be more safer here than in most countries......
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Minimum age to travel alone in Japan? 2015/4/21 06:05
hi simoneg !
im also planning to travel to japan ! im 22 years old and from germany =)

by pastrygirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Minimum age to travel alone in Japan? 2015/4/22 14:31
Drinking age is 20, travelling age is way way lower.

(There is a neat TV show called "My First Outing" where three and four year olds travel around the city or do errands.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

No worry: Minimum age to travel alone in Japan? 2015/4/22 15:17
As others say, it will be fine to visit Japan.
Of course it is better to have company but you will find some in Japan such as at Guest House.

Many restaurant has English menu and people will be kind to you even they don't speak English :)

If you want to make perfect plan, I will give you advise.
For Tokyo, Kyoto or Hokkaido.
Bon voyage.
by hiroyogu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread