Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA flights 2015/4/20 01:08
hi,
I'm planning to take a flight from Osaka to Miyakojima and from there to Naha with ANA airline and I wanted to ask if you guys had any experience with them? with luggage and staff
can they be trusted (I will order tickets online)

by Sigal  

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 10:33
I wanted to ask if you guys had any experience with them?

I fkew them a few times.

with luggage and staff can they be trusted (I will order tickets online)

They are as trustworthy as it gets.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 11:11
If you don't know about it, ANA's "Experience Japan" discount fare will be much cheaper than a regular ticket at least for the Osaka to Miyako flight. See the local ANA wensite for your country.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 11:41
ANA is one of the best. They are after all one of the few 5-star airlines in the world.

http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 14:42
They are the *best* in Japan. Year after year they rank near the top of airline satisfaction surveys.

But the post above has a good point - if you buy normal fare you might pay through your nose in Japan. Look into these great discount tickets:

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_common/book-plan/fare/special/airpas...

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_common/book-plan/fare/special/visit....

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_common/promotions/share/experience_j...
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 15:14
Hello,

I am also waiting to book domestic flights with ANA. Does anybody know when" the experience Japan fare "will be available for the month of November?

Thank you for some information

blackpepper
by blackpepper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 16:29
I recently flew with them and is was great. I bought tickets online (both regular and "Experience Japan" discount tickets) and
everything went fine.

One thing that was unusual for me is that they don't serve food or snacks on domestic flights. You'll get free drinks, but if you want to eat something during the flight, you'll have to buy it at the airport before the flight. I asked some Japanese friends about this and they said it was standard practice for domestic flights.

Also, you should know that their tourist discount tickets are great for longer flights, but for shorter ones (like Miyako to Naha) you might get a better deal by buying a regular ticket early (one month or more before the flight). I bought Ishigaki to Naha ticket this way and it was only 5500 yen, which is considerably cheaper than 10800 yen I would have paid for "Experience Japan" ticket.

by TxF rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/20 16:51
Have been flying ANA from San Francisco to Tokyo for six years now and will only fly them to Japan. Have used them once for a domestic flight in Japan and it was just as excellent as their international service is.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 14:44
thank you so much!!
I feel much better knowing that now I can order tickets 3 month before :)
by Sigal rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 16:58
If you wish to book it prior to the 3 months period. You would have to go to an ANA counter. There is an added service charge. Only do so, if it is a peak period and you are afriad that by the time the 3 months comes along no seats are left.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 17:11
By the way, what are your travel dates? The flights from Osaka to Miyako operate only between Jun 1 and Sep 30 so if you're trying to book it after Sep 30, you'll never find it (and if it's before, you can book it now).

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 19:41
Wait what?
I wan to travel to miyako from osaka on May 30 until the fifth of June and on fifth of June to Naha with ANA airlines
by Sigal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 19:41

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 20:15
Thd schedule for 2016 has not been announces, but if it's the same as for 2015, you'll have to find other flights.

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 20:48
Oh man...
Do you know any other flights from osaka to miyako ?
Cheap as possible

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 21:04
No, currently the only other direct flights between Miyako and mainland Japan are from Tokyo with JAL. The cheapest option from Osaka is probably a LCC flight to Naha or Ishigaki and then a connecting flight to Miyako (ANA or JAL, since Skymark has dropped this route).

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/24 21:39
I just flew trip Manila to Haneda to Manila on ANA and am very satisfied with the service. Essentially unlimited free drinks in economy, very good video on demand (once you figure out the controller), and a flight crew that smiled all the time.

The food inbound was good, while the outbound meal was highlighted as "award winning." It was katsu curry, one of almost everyone's favorites, though I was almost to the point of being curried-out by then. But the katsu curry served was horrible -- it was soggy to the point of being mushy. I'm sure that something horrible must have gone wrong, as neither ANA nor their caterer (I assume) would ever deliberately provide such a crappy meal.

I can only assume this was an anomaly, as almost everything else was fantastic (at least by airline standards). Well, except being bused to the plane at Haneda.

Online check-in is the way to go, yet I still saw vast crowds of people waiting in line to check in, both in Manila and in Haneda.

The plane was one of my least favorites -- a 767. In economy seats A & C had not really bad legroom, while seat B had an entertainment system equipment box blocking half the legroom.

I was going to comment on the no food aspect of domestic flights, but TxF beat me to it. That's one more benefit that trains have over flights -- it's easy to get a great bento, just before or often during a train ride.

To get back on topic, I have no hesitation whatsoever about recommending ANA. And they are Star Alliance.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/25 14:11
ok thank you so much guys, I decided to travel from Tokyo to Naha and from Naha to Miyako with ANA airline, I checked online and its around 360 us dollars for two tickets round trip so I'm satisfied, thanks again and I hope they don't have a very strict rules with luggage
by Sigal rate this post as useful

Re: ANA flights 2015/4/25 14:42
From Tokyo you can get a direct flight to Miyako with JAL, they have discount fares for tourists as well (but to have the best fares you must go to Japan on a Oneworld airline).

reply to this thread