Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer train ticket purchase 2015/4/20 10:16
Dear All

I have a bit confused of purchase of train ticket if there is a transfer train. Below link of hypedia of Route 1 show that I got to transfer Shinkansen when I reach to Nagoya then only can reach to Shin-Osaka. Total fare is 6, 620 yen (Takayama - Nagoya - Shin-Osaka).

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=TAKAYAMA&arv_no...

May I know the whole route ticket include Shinkansen I can purchase it in Takayama station? Where to purchase the Shinkansen ticket in Takayama station?

Or I only can purchase it when I'm in Nagoya?
by nicole liau  

Re: Transfer train ticket purchase 2015/4/20 12:01
May I know the whole route ticket include Shinkansen I can purchase it in Takayama station? Where to purchase the Shinkansen ticket in Takayama station?

No problem, you can purchase the whole route either at the ticket machine or from the ticket office. Most likely it will come in two tickets. One covers the basic fare from Takayama to Shin-Osaka, the other is the Shinkansen supplement. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2016.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer train ticket purchase 2015/4/20 12:04
You can purchase any ticket at the ticket counter. Do note that only major stations has ticket counters, the rest only has ticket machines. So you can purchase the Takayama tickets at Nagoyas.

If you are already in Takayama, you can use the ticket machine and need not queue at the ticket counter,

You can purchase the two together. Regular ticket and the shinkansen ticket.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer train ticket purchase 2015/4/20 12:05
Actually three tickets since the first train is a ltd exp.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer train ticket purchase 2015/4/20 13:01
Whoops, that's right. I forgot about the Hida.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer train ticket purchase 2015/4/20 16:26
Thanks all.
by nicole liau rate this post as useful

reply to this thread