Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/20 22:03
hello,

is it possible to get around izu peninsula and see

seven waterfalls
shirahama beach
dogashima

in 1 day? trip from tokyo.

we would arrive with the train and then is it best to take a rental car, bike or bus getting around the peninsula?

where are rental car outlets and how to plan a day there best?

thanks
snk-freak

by snk-freak (guest)  

Re: Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/21 17:39
Yes. it is possible. Atami is connected to the shinkansen line.
Both Ito and Atami has rental car centers near the train station.

by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/21 18:10
First, I am Japanese.
I have worked in the travel company, I have visited this forum for English study.
So, please forgive me that poor English sentences.

I recommend the use of car rentalfrom Tokyo.
But ,If you are particuliar about riding on the train (for example, Shinkansen, etc.), go by train to Atami Station, from there you should rent a car.

I think that you will need about 3hours from tokyo to izu peninshula by car or train.

And, if you want you are sightseeing slowly Izu Peninsula, I recommend the journey of 2 days 1 night.
by tabibito (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/21 20:05
https://rent.toyota.co.jp/eng/shop/shizuoka.html

https://nissan-rentacar.com/english/shop/shizuoka/#ttl_area_anc

I would advice getting a rental car from outside Tokyo, may be at Atami, and drive to Izu, then you can save on the Shinkansen.

With a rental car 1 day is doable, but it is advice to stay overnight so you can spend more time, Izu has a lot to see.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/21 20:40
As mentioned above, it is possible to get to all three places in one day with a rental car. However, if you want to enjoy actually being there then I would say that you are trying to do too much in one day.

Personally, I would find that Kawazu and Shirahama Beach is a better fit. Also, the Irozaki Coast or Jogasaki Coast are much more interesting than Shirahama Beach.

Apart from one temple and some craggy rocks on the side, Shirahama beach is just one of the better mainland beaches close to Tokyo....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/27 20:25
i have already been to izu 2 times and also saw irozaki coast.
i want to see something i havent already seen so these 3 were my options. but if you have better spots let me know, besides irozaki coast. ;)

is it easy to drive there? i have only driven on ishigaki and that was easy apart from narrow and winding streets with wildlife.^^

do we have to make a pre reservation or can we come to atami and then will get a car without reservation?
by snk-freak (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting around Izu Peninsula? 2015/4/27 20:58
For Nissan, you need to reserve at least 2-3 days or 6 months in advance and booking is through email, for Toyota it is best to reserve in advance, but a phone call a few hours before is ok.

In all case it is advice to reserve in advance as they only have a certain amount of cars and models at each location.

June will be the first time for me to izu, so I can't comment much, Numazu is on my list, it looks like a very interested place to visit.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread