Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to snow corridor 2015/4/21 08:54
Hi everyone,

Sorry for questions on snow corridor again as I am not able to find answers to my queries amidst all previous posts. My questions as below:

a. I hope to visit the snow corridor either 15th or 16th June 2015 but have limited time. I will only do journey from Tateyama Station (will park car at station) to Murodo stop and back track to Tateyama Station. May I know where can I find the schedule for the cable car and highland bus?

b. It is interesting experience to walk in the snow in summer. But I wonder what clothings should I wear? Will the temp be freezing at the snow corridor at the time of my visit? Do I need to wear kinda winter cloths with anti-slip boot? I have small boy with me.

c. I understand from previous posts that I can alight at the Murodo bus terminal and walk out to the snow corridor and back to bus terminal. I watched from Youtube many people walking along the corridor. But I am curious, does the end of the route lead to something? What do we see at the end of the route? Is there another transport mode at the end of the corridor walk? I assume we can turn back if we have no time to walk to the end of route.

Sorry for my numerous questions. Hope for some kind helps and advice pls. Thank you.

by Michel (guest)  

Re: Trip to snow corridor 2015/4/21 10:24
May I know where can I find the schedule for the cable car and highland bus?

http://www.alpen-route.com/en/transportation/timetable-fares

b. It is interesting experience to walk in the snow in summer. But I wonder what clothings should I wear? Will the temp be freezing at the snow corridor at the time of my visit? Do I need to wear kinda winter cloths with anti-slip boot? I have small boy with me.

Depending on the weather, it can be very warm (warm enough for a t-shirt on sunny days) or still very cold in June along the Alpen Route. I personally would just bring a jacket.

But I am curious, does the end of the route lead to something? What do we see at the end of the route?

You can walk back via a different route through the snow. Or you walk back through the corridor.

Is there another transport mode at the end of the corridor walk?

No, it is not very long.

Here are a map and photos:
http://www.alpen-route.com/enjoy_navi/snow_otani/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to snow corridor 2015/4/21 11:07
Sorry for hijack your thread..I want ask a simiilar question...I wilk go to murodo at mid nay, should I bring a thick jacket or thin jacket / cardigans will do?thx
by red (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread