Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

find cheap accomodation in Hamamatsu 2015/4/21 10:30
Hello,

I have a really hard time finding cheap accomodation in Hamamatsu starting May 2nd. I can find only hotels (no hostels), and even they are booked out. Do you know maybe any hostels, guesthouses or any other cheap accomodation in Hamamatsu that might be available?

Thank you!
Omer
by omer (guest)  

Re: find cheap accomodation in Hamamatsu 2015/4/21 12:11
Uh, what do you think? That there is a Japan-Guide Forum Secret List of Cheap Hotels which allows people to get cheap rooms on short notice during Golden Week? There is no such thing, just use the same search engines as everybody else. I see rooms for about 9k per night on Rakuten Travel.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: find cheap accomodation in Hamamatsu 2015/4/21 14:11
As far as I know:

1. There is no hostels or guesthouses in Hamamatsu. There are some in Shizuoka and Nagoya, and they have still vacant rooms.

2. Golden week is very busy in touristic places like Kyoto, but Hamamatsu is just a business town so the fare as Firas wrote is quite ordinary. Also there are a lot of vacant rooms in Hamamatsu. In Kyoto you can find higher fare as compared to the normal season.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: find cheap accomodation in Hamamatsu 2015/4/21 14:33
Thank you Frog1954, I was trying to figure out if I can't find hostels in Hamamatsu because they don't exist or because I'm not able to search in Japanese.
I'm aware of the Golden Week, but as you said Hamamatsu is not one of Japan's top touristic spots.

And thank you too, Firas, for a most irrelevant response.

Omer
by omer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread