Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Alpine Route and Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2015/4/22 00:15
Hello

I will be travelling from Tokyo 6 am Tateyama Alpine route. Can I also do the ShinHotaka at the same day?

I mean after finishing the alpine route at 1 pm for example, can I still do the ShinHotaka at the rest of the day. If yes, please tell me how. I have my JR pass handy.

By the way, I plan to do them at golden week ahead, any recommendations?

Regards
by Nemo (guest)  

Re: Alpine Route and Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2015/4/22 11:56
I will be travelling from Tokyo 6 am Tateyama Alpine route. Can I also do the ShinHotaka at the same day?

It may be possible, but it is a long trip between the two involving three buses and a train via Matsumoto. Personally I think it would be too much for one day.

By the way, I plan to do them at golden week ahead, any recommendations?

You mean you will go before golden week?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine Route and Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2015/4/23 09:18
Thanks for your reply

Kindly, could you let me know what are the times and stations for those involving transportation.

Actually, I mean I will do it in the coming golden week i.e. May 4.

Best wishes
by Nemo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine Route and Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2015/4/23 09:29
If it's golden week, heaps of people will go there so traffic jam for sure on the mountain :)
U will have not enough time?
by kopbirt rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine Route and Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2015/4/23 09:35
Thanks

How about the taxi?

Is the distance far? Do you have any idea how might that cost me?

I am sorry but I have no time and I like to do them all.

Is there any ropeway or cable car near the Alpine route that could substitute the ShinHotaka.

Thanks
by Nemo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine Route and Shin-Hotaka Ropeway 2015/4/25 03:08
I have done the alpine tour from West to East. There's a rotary trip too.

From what i heard more than once from the reliable sources in Gifu- if i had done the Alpine Route tour it is not necessary for me to do the Shinhotaka trip. Unless, of course,
If you are seeing them in different seasons like i did in spring at one place and autumn in the other.

Besides that it'll be counter productive if you rushed through one tour just to do the other. Each your would need more than half a day off you did it leisurely.

IMO it would be more advisable to just do one.

If you are doing it in spring the Snow Wall at Kurobe Alpine
would be a better choice - IMO.

by cherry pompom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread