Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kanto East Pass 2015/4/22 23:57
I am planning to go to Kuwaguchiko from Meidaimae. I have to go to Takao(Tokyo) station via the Keio line semi special express and then transfer to Yamanashi Fuji train to Kawaguchiko. May i Know if my JR kanto pass cover the lines that i want to take?
by Josh (guest)  

Re: JR Kanto East Pass 2015/4/23 12:34
Hello.
JR PASS unfortunately doesn't cover Keio line from Meidaimae to Takao and YamanashiFuji train from Takao to Kawaguchiko because they are not JR train.

If you want to use JR Pass,I would recommend take Keio line from Meidaimae to Shinjuku,then change the train to JR to Otsuki via Takao.
JR pass covers JR train from Shinjuku to Otsuki.
You only need to pay from Meidaime to Shinjuku and from Otsuki to Kawaguchiko.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto East Pass 2015/4/23 12:39
Sorry,I had mistake.
JR Kanto Pass covers Fujikyuko line.
Yamanashifuji train is operated by Fujikyuko,so you only need to pay Keio line operation.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto East Pass 2015/4/23 13:21
Thank you very much for Reply! So Kanto Pass does not cover Keio line express?
by Joshua (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kanto East Pass 2015/4/23 19:28
JR passes are issued by JR company/ies. Why would other operators (like Keio) accept it?

Of course, there are some exceptions like you can use the JR Kanto pass for the Fujikyuko line but rule of the thumb, if JR do not operate the trains you cannot use JR passes.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread