Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walking opportunities in Hiroshima 2015/4/23 15:40
a friend says she often walks in "nature place" in hiroshima city are there really walking in nature whilst living in hiroshima city?. when i visited before i didnt come across such places but maybe i was looking in the wrong places.
by youngalistai  

Re: Walking opportunities in Hiroshima 2015/4/23 15:55
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Walking opportunities in Hiroshima 2015/4/23 16:14
Well, there's always Shukkein Garden.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walking opportunities in Hiroshima 2015/4/23 16:34
well she lives i think not far from "peace park" and there is the river walking also near there maybe she means that. hiroshima didnt seem the city when i was there to have woods forrests ect. maybe i missed them
by youngalistai rate this post as useful

Re: Walking opportunities in Hiroshima 2015/4/24 11:17
Just because your friend said "nature place", doesn't mean it was as big as a forest! There are lots of gardens and parks in cities in Japan for the locals to get their fill of nature in. Shukkein Garden in Hiroshima is lovely. The park around the castle is also nice.

If you're looking for something a bit further out, Sandankyo Gorge is a 1.5 hour bus ride away, and a very large area of nature.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walking opportunities in Hiroshima 2015/4/24 13:53
And just because she said "Hiroshima city" does not mean "within walking distance of Hiroshima station". Again, Hiroshima city is huge and most of it (area-wise) is the remote countryside. The same is true for most other Japanese cities.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread