Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/5/13 11:29
Will plan to stay in Nagasaki 1 night. Can anyone recommend a hotel with onsen/public bath? Thank you.
by babyaziza  

Re: Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/5/13 15:15
Have you looked at this page?
A onsen town in Nagasaki.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4453.html
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/5/13 15:51
Mt. Unzen is about 2 hours away from Nagasaki city...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/5/13 17:22
I looked into this a few months ago.

What I found was:
- there are plenty of hotels with baths up on the hill over the water from the main town. Can't remember the name of the area, but if you look at a map of the city and look east and slightly north of the JR station and over the water, you'll see what I mean. Do something like a booking.com search and you'll find them. They're fairly pricy, but the view looks great from the pictures.
- there are only one or two ryokan in central Nagasaki (that I could find). They have small family indoor baths (nothing to write home about from the pictures I could see). We stayed in one - Sakamotoya - which was lovely, but the bathing was indoor and with small baths - which is what you expect in a city ryokan, really.
- there's the Dormy Inn, which has a public bath and is reasonably priced.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/5/15 04:26
thank you for all suggestions.
by babyaziza rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/5/15 09:26
I stayed at the Dormy Inn when I was in Nagasaki - highly recommended!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel with public bath in Nagasaki 2015/6/1 09:37
Hmm, I'm not so sure there's much in the way of hotels with hotsprings/ baths inside Nagasaki city itself... Possibly look into hotels on Mt Inasa? Although I think they are pretty high-end...

On the other hand, there is a hot spring spa (not hotel) called 'Fuku no Yu' near Mt Inasa which is amazing. It has both several modern indoor baths (there's a carbonated one where you get covered in bubbles - my favorite) and an outside one that overlooks the city. There's also a couple of saunas, massage chairs, a buffet restaurant etc.

To get there you can take a free shuttle bus from Nagasaki station, Urakami station or the central cocowalk shopping centre. It takes about 15 minutes from Nagasaki station, the last bus back leaving Fuku no Yu at 10pm. As far as hot spring resorts go it's very reasonably priced too.

However I don't think there's much in the way of English language support there (don't know if this is relevant to you).

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g298568-d3854484-Review...

Official Japanese website:
http://www.fukunoyu.com/n_access_index.html
by Nagasakura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread