Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka - Kyoto - Kawaguchiko - Tokyo 2015/5/27 01:01
Hi everyone

I'm first time traveller to Japan who plan to travel with big family (7 adults + 2 kids) on July 2015 for 10 days

I've made my itinerary and in short it would be like this:
1. day 1 to day 5 @ osaka
2. day 5 transfer to Kawaguchiko until day 6
3. day 6 transfer to Tokyo until day 10

My question are :
1. Is it better to stay at Kawaguchiko or at Hakone ? Cos I found out that there are more attraction at Hakone rather than at Kawaguchiko. For your inform, since we travel with big family, we will not do hiking. We only plan to do sightseeing of Mt Fuji and relaxing for 1 day. Is it a good plan ?

2. Should I buy a JR Pass to cover my trip ? Or is there any better recommendation what pass should I buy ?

Your kind help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
by DavidKris  

Re: Osaka - Kyoto - Kawaguchiko - Tokyo 2015/5/27 11:49
Fuji five lakes is cheaper and the scenery is nicer. That said, Hakone has its charms. It is a proper onsen town with interesting snacks.

All in all you would rather stroll about or bus about the five lakes. More relaxing, that's what you wanted right?

by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka - Kyoto - Kawaguchiko - Tokyo 2015/5/30 17:21
Thanks for your answer.

If thats the route (osaka - kawaguchiko/hakone - tokyo), what pass should I buy ? I Plan to buy the 3 days kansai pass for my stay in Osaka at the beginning, and then when I moved from Osaka to Tokyo, what pass should be better ?

Do you have any other city that you recommend visit that come in a same track from Osaka to Tokyo ?

Thanks a lot
by DavidKris rate this post as useful

reply to this thread