Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Pass for Oct 2015 2015/5/27 13:19
Hi..

I am looking to get Tokaido-sanyo Shinkansentourist Pass for October 2015, but following site of JR it says its available till June 2015 only.

http://touristpass.jp/en/tokaido_sanyo/

There is no any information i could find about getting this pass for period later than June 30, 2015.
More information on using this pass for period sept -oct 2015 or later would be helpful.
Or is there any information about extending this scheme from JR officials?

Thanks in advance.
by Mandar (guest)  

Re: Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Pass for Oct 2015 2015/5/28 06:07
I'm always interested in people looking at passes like this.

This pass is Y35,000 for 5 days covering some of the country.

The main JR pass is Y29,110 for 7 days covering the whole country.

Why would you pay Y6,000 for two days less? Get the 7-day pass.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Pass for Oct 2015 2015/5/28 11:21
The Tokaido-Sanyo Pass is peculiar, and only really pays off if you hit all the sites on the list and visit all the places with discounted admission. Otherwise, you're probably better of with the nationwide JR Pass.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Pass for Oct 2015 2015/5/28 13:34
Thanks for information.

Ok..I was wondering what is the difference in Nationwide & tokaido-sanyo pass then?
Also is there any same kind of (nationwide/kanto-kansai/hiroshima bound)pass for foreign nationals living in Japan on visa other than tourist one?
by Mandar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Pass for Oct 2015 2015/5/28 13:58
There is no any information i could find about getting this pass for period later than June 30, 2015.

Indeed, it seems that the pass will be discontinued after June 30. I have not heard any specific confirmation yet, but I am quite sure about it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread