Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/5/29 22:30
I sleep at Kawaguchiko and I want to spent the morning in the area of Kawaguchiko, then drive by bus to the Lake Aishi Area, do the cable car ride and the boat tour and in the evening I would like to travel to my next Hotel in Kamakura.

I only found offers for the Hakone Pass from Tokio... are there any options to buy it in Kawaguchiko just for the local busses etc. without transport to Tokyo?

I have a Japan Rail Pass.

Thanks for any answers.
by Tatjana (guest)  

Re: Hakone Pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/5/30 10:46
No, you cannot buy the pass in Kawaguchiko. When coming from the Kawaguchiko direction, the ideal pass to buy the pass would be Gotemba Station. In the past, the pass was sold at the station, but I think these days it is not on sale anymore at Gotemba Station. Instead, the closest place to buy it, I think, is the Hakone Tozan Bus information center at Sengoku.

Alternatively, you could try to buy the pass at a travel agency in Tokyo before leaving for Kawaguchiko, although some of the travel agencies may not have English speakers. Among the agencies selling the pass are JTB, NTA and Kinki Tourist.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread