Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anything like the Okayama Internat'l Villas? 2015/5/30 00:15
So I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a long weekend at the Okayama International Villa on Shiraishijima, Kasako-shi, Okayama. That was probably the highlight of my time in Japan. I'm going to be visiting Japan again for 4 weeks in October (this time traveling solo) and was wondering if there were any other off the beaten path (cliche, I know) places like that you know of in rural areas or on islands in the Naikai or elsewhere.

Specifically, anything in or around Kyushu or Shikoku, since I'm planning on spending about 1 week on each island. If it helps, I'll be based out of Kagoshima and Matsuyama. Perhaps something on the Amami islands? Note that I'm not particularly interested in Yakushima, but any other suggestions for island trips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!
by Kyotango (guest)  

Re: Anything like the Okayama Internat'l Villas? 2015/6/3 21:57
Well, first it is worth mentioning that Hattoji Villa is still open, so you may want to go there before Shikoku:
http://www.international-villa.or.jp/villa/hatto0904.htm

In Shikoku some of the pilgrimage temples also have lodging options. I cannot give any personal recommendations though, because I didn't stay in any temples when I went to Shikoku.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread