Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/6/25 07:04
Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions on how to get to Meguro station from Narita Airport. My wife and I will be landing August 7th at 4:45 pm and need to get to Meguro Station where my cousin lives. I'm afraid this will be rush hour too.

There seem to be so many options with so many different prices. We will be in Japan for 3 weeks so it looks like the NEX round trip discount ticket is not available for us. Since we are traveling for a long time, I know we will have a lot of luggage with us.

Can anyone suggest some options that cut down on transfers and aren't too crowded since we have the luggage?

Thank you.
by dpdao  

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/6/25 09:13
You can still take the N'Ex to Shinagawa and then transfer to the Yamanote line to Meguro. If you want a cheaper alternative, try the Keisei Skyliner to Nippori and transfer to the Yamanote line there to Meguro.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/6/25 19:42
if you have a lot of luggage i would take the NEX to shinagawa then probably a taxi from there, Getting onto the Yam with luggage in rush hour is suicidal.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/7 01:02
Thanks guys. I think the taxi may be a good idea. We will be traveling for 4 weeks so we will have a lot of luggage. Any one have an idea on how much a taxi might cost from Shinagawa station to Meguro?
by dpdao rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/7 05:09
Taxi should be around Y2000, depending on what part of Meguro. Get the exact address and write it down to give to the taxi driver. It could be something like Meguro 3-6-4. (3 is the area, 6 is the block and 4 is the house number).
At SHINAGAWA, go up the escalator and across the concourse to the Takanawa Exit (West exit). There will be taxis where you exit the station.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/7 09:11
Depending on where in Meguro, the taxi fare might be cheaper if you get off at Shibuya.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/7 09:20
There is less traffic heading southwest at Shinagawa than around Shibuya. I feel the exits ate Shibuya may be more confusing than at Shinagawa as well.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/8 00:57
"There is less traffic heading southwest at Shinagawa than around Shibuya. I feel the exits ate Shibuya may be more confusing than at Shinagawa as well. "
Good point John. Also, every NEX does not go around to SHIBUYA, but they all stop at SHINAGAWA.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/8 01:13
Good point John. Also, every NEX does not go around to SHIBUYA, but they all stop at SHINAGAWA.

Currently there is only one train which goes to Shinagawa and not to Shibuya (the number 48). http://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/english/wb/com...

Almost all trains split at Tokyo, with one half going to Shinagawa-Yokohama and the other going to Shibuya-Shinjuku and sometimes Ikebukuro. And all the other except the 48 do not split and go to Shinagawa-Shibuya-Shinjuku.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/8 01:13
Maybe Limo bus to Shinagawa Station and then taxi about 8mins

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/2/44

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: From Narita Airport to Meguro Station 2015/7/8 08:50
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Tokyo-Japan

It's pretty good. Used it yesterday to estimate Shinjuku to Tokyo and it was pretty much spot on (downside of the taxi was that it was slower than the train, but that's just one of those things, but we had a specific reason to taxi rather than train).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread