Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pasmo card questions 2015/7/3 16:07
I intend to buy the pasmo card before arriving in Japan and it seems a good idea to put a little extra on it as I will be in Japan for a month. Where can I see the cost of fares so that I can have an idea of how much to add?

Also I see the card works on buses in Tokyo. What about Kyoto?

Last question - is there any advantage of the Pasmo over the Suica?

Thank you.
by PamelaLev  

Re: Pasmo card questions 2015/7/3 17:32
Hyperdia has fares if you put in sample journeys. Many are only a couple hundred yen - longer trips are more and some of the private railways are more expensive.

For example, Shinjukugyoemmae to Aomi was two subway legs (Y170) and then the monorail to Odaiba was Y385.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo card questions 2015/7/8 06:24
by PamelaLev rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo card questions 2015/7/8 07:42
When you pass a gate and touch your Pasmo to a reader, the fare and the balance will be displayed. You can check how much you have left by inserting your Pasmo to a ticket machine at any station. There is no advantage of having the Pasmo over Suica.

There is absolutely no need to by the Pasmo in advance and pay the surcharge. Buy one once you get to Japan. You can buy Pasmo or Suica at a train station the airport port using English.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pasmo card questions 2015/7/8 08:29
We used the Pasmo card when travelling in and around Tokyo, it is very convenient, just put the card on the reader as you go through the ticket gate. It is easy to put more money on the card. At the end of our stay we returned the card and received a full refund of the remaining Yens on the card.
Here is the link to the Pasmo site with all the info you may need
http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/
Enjoy your stay!
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

reply to this thread