Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/7 18:11
hi I will be travelling from Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka with my sister and 2 children. We are thinking of taking the Shinkansen but unsure how to go about after we check out from Shinjuku. Also, which line should we take and what is the cost ? I also understand that there is a discounted domestic fare for Tokyo Haneda to Osaka. Which is the cheapest mode of transport ? Please advise.
by tphyllis  

Re: Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/7 19:15
Take the Chuo Line from Shinjuku to Tokyo station, then the bullet train to Shin Osaka and then the Kyoto Line from there to Osaka.

Total cost would depend on whether you use the Nozomi or one of the slower shinkansen. For Nozomi, it'll be about 14500 and about 500 less if you use Hikari/Kodama
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/7 19:15
Local train from Shinjuku to Tokyo or Shinagawa and Shinkansen thence to Shin-Osaka is about 14000 yen. A discount flight will indeed be cheaper but also somewhat more trouble. The cheapest flights from Haneda to the Osaka area are with Skymark (which goes to Kobe).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/7 19:22
However, if the children are younger than 12, the Shinkansen will be cheaper anyway because of the child discount (there is no child discount for air fares which are already discounted).

Re: Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/8 09:16
Is there visitor discount for 1 way fare from Tokyo to Osaka ? Where do I purchase the railway ticket from ? Can I purchase from SG office ?
by tphyllis rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/8 10:06
Are you planning to return to Tokyo within 7 days? If you are, might be worth considering getting the JR pass.

There usually aren't discounts unless you're talking about advance tickets.. If you don't mind doing it the long way, the Seishun 18 kippu has just rolled out. So you can consider getting that and going by local trains. But that would make the trip very very much longer.
by Windshadow rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Shinjuku to Osaka 2015/7/8 12:22
There are no tourists discount for individual Shinkansen tickets. For Tokyo-Osaka, there is the Puratto Kodama but it is not a visitor discount. You also need to take the slower Kodama trains.

http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/

reply to this thread