Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rail Pass & Seat Fees 2015/7/8 01:30
I'm considering purchasing the Kansai Wide Area Pass for my upcoming trip in November to make a trip down to the Wakayama/Kumano area. However, I read that the pass does not cover reserved seating ... while planning my trip with Hyperdia, I noticed that the Limited Express Kuroshio has a seat fee. It's about an hour faster and requires no connections from Wakayama to Shirahama ... does this mean I would have to pay the difference between the base fare and the total - i.e., the seat fee in addition if I purchased the pass?

Sorry for the convoluted question. Thanks!
by Heidi (guest)  

Re: Rail Pass & Seat Fees 2015/7/8 12:26
Just take a non-reserved seats, the Kuroshio has them.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Pass & Seat Fees 2015/7/8 12:41
Yeah, I think that will have to do. I just groaned at the extra time it will take. It's the first leg of our trip and I want to get it started. Haha! :)
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Pass & Seat Fees 2015/7/8 12:43
No, you can get a non-reserrved seat on the Kuroshio, same train, just different car.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Pass & Seat Fees 2015/7/8 12:51
... OH!! I see! Sorry; it's almost midnight and I need to go to bed, haha. Awesome! That made my night. Thanks Firas!
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread