Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oshino to Hakone? 2015/7/8 19:13
Hi! In my next trip to Japan I'd like to go to Lake Kawaguchi, visit Oshino Hakkai and then go to Lake Ashi, Owakudani and spend the night in Hakone-yumoto area before going to Tokyo.
I've seen that some bus go from Lake Kawaguchi to Oshino and then to Gotenba. But what can I take from there to Owakudani (or Lake Ashi, doing the "reverse round course")?
Is there a direct way from Oshino (or Gotenba) to the Gora/Sounzan area where I can take the ropeway to the valley and the lake?
Do you think this trip is ok for a 1 day trip, starting early in the morning from Lake Kawaguchi?
Thank you for your help!!!!
by Jenny (guest)  

Re: Oshino to Hakone? 2015/7/10 00:39
Hi there!
Seems there is no direct transportation from Oshino to Owakudani.
You have to go all the way back to Shinjuku (directly by bus from Oshino) and take Odakyu line to Hakone, and then take Cable car and Ropeway. It takes 4.5h.
Actually, it is geographically very close, so if you can rent a car, it only takes 1h.
by tokyorubber rate this post as useful

Re: Oshino to Hakone? 2015/7/10 02:31
There are lots of bus routes all around the Gotemba/Hakone area.
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/english/route/
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Oshino to Hakone? 2015/7/10 05:08
I'm pretty sure there is a lots of route from Gotenba to Hakone area, but the question is, is there a direct transportation from Oshino to Hakone (Owakudani), and the answer is no. But thanks anyways for the bus detail.
by tokyorubber rate this post as useful

Re: Oshino to Hakone? 2015/7/10 17:05
Thanks for the answers.
I just hope that Owakudani and the ropeway re-open when I'll go to Japan in February. I see that there's a bus from Gotenba to Togendai, maybe I can go there, skip the cruise on the lake and go on the ropeway to Owakudani, then back to Hakone-yumoto. If there's still problems with the Owakudani area I'll just skip it, even if I really wanted to visit those places (and eat the black eggs)... Thank you again!
by Jenny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread