Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

capsule hotel for couple 2015/7/10 06:58
where can I find a Capsule Hotel where I can sleep with my wife ? I saw that there are only males ....
if possible in the city of Kyoto
thanks
by Obiwan1978  

Re: capsule hotel for couple 2015/7/10 10:38
They have the size of "capsules," so they are single-sized. I have seen some capsule hotels that have women-only floors and men-only floors, but that's about it. I don't think you can stay in the same capsule together.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: capsule hotel for couple 2015/7/10 10:38
Very few capsule hotels have double occupancy capsules. Usually they are single occupancy, and gender segregated by floor or building. There is a ryokan style "capsule" hotel in Kyoto that looks interesting and has a double ensuite, but its not a typical capsule hotel and costs as much as the average business hotel. Might be worth a look though:

http://www.capsule-ryokan-kyoto.com/en/pages/facilities.html

Otherwise I'd look into First Cabin and each get your own capsule.

http://www.first-cabin.jp.e.jr.hp.transer.com/locationlist/kyoto.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: capsule hotel for couple 2015/7/10 16:21
You mean like 9-hours in Kyoto (and at Narita)? For the price of two, you can get a reasonable hotel circa Y8,000 or less.

If you're just after it for the novelty, I doubt you will find mixed accommodation (male or female, not both).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: capsule hotel for couple 2015/7/10 21:43
As others have said, there are some capsule hotels where women can have capsules, but capsules are for one-person. It's kind of disgusting to have people sleeping together in the same capsule. Everyone around you can hear everything you say/do. Capsules are meant just for sleeping, so there is no need for people to share capsules.

There are capsule hotels that offer rooms, but I imagine if you are looking into capsule hotels, you want the capsule experience...
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: capsule hotel for couple 2015/7/11 08:43
It's kind of disgusting to have people sleeping together in the same capsule. Everyone around you can hear everything you say/do. Capsules are meant just for sleeping, so there is no need for people to share capsules.

That's awfully presumptuous..
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread