Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paper Japan map in English 2015/7/10 19:22
Hi,

I have seen a thread about maps here, but would very much appreciate some fresh input.

I will be cycling in Japan and would be very grateful for your recommendations for a PAPER map in English (bi-lingual would be ideal) that is as current & detailed as possible, but with the largest scale.

I appreciate that there are both Atlas and Maps available. Recommendations for both would be very welcome. Size is a factor on the bike, but so is clarity and readability.

I will probably have access to the internet, so will use google maps for planning at the end of the day, but would like something on paper that I can pull out and refer to while cycling.

Thanks a lot!
by Matt69  

Re: Paper Japan map in English 2015/7/10 23:21
If you have a smartphone, you could consider renting a data sim card or a pocket wi-fi device and just use Google maps on your phone while cycling.

But if you really want a paper map OmniMap sells them
http://www.omnimap.com/catalog/int/japan2.htm

by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paper Japan map in English 2015/7/12 03:34
Thanks for the comment.

Yes, I will probably have a wi-fi hotspot thing, but I still like to have a paper map!

I'm hoping for some input on the most detailed and readable without it weighing so much.

Thanks again.
by Matt69 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread