Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Daytrip from Tokyo, canLt decide 2015/7/10 20:20
Hello :)

We go to Tokyo in the end of october for a week and would like to spend a day out of town. But: Kamakura? Hakone? Nikko? Kyoto?
Somewhere else? We like nature and typical japanese gardens, architecture, technic & kawaii, almost everything, but museums ;)
Also it would be cool to use the shinkansen, but Kyoto for 3 people seems to be quite expensive. Hakone I doubt a bit as it seems to be a lot of busdrive and people...
Any suggestions?
by dani (guest)  

Re: Daytrip from Tokyo, canLt decide 2015/7/11 19:21
Hello.

Konnichiwa.

Do you have a only a day to trip around in tokyo?
I knew that you like nature ,so i recommend KAMAKURA.
There are many historical bildings like kyoto and nature.

Do you know the great buddha?
Http://www.kotoku-in,jp/en/

Please Enjoy(^-^)

Sonoe
by sonoe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Daytrip from Tokyo, canLt decide 2015/7/11 21:31
Yes, Kamakura. My gallery will give you an idea of what is there.
Also, you can include Enoshima Island and the beach.
When you open the gallery, click "Slideshow", upper right. to PAUSE, hit your SPACE bar. Hit it again to continue.
http://dickh.zenfolio.com/p410268722
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Daytrip from Tokyo, canLt decide 2015/7/13 07:05
Thanks for your answers, sorry, didnt had internet for a couple of days.
Yes, Kamakura looks very nice, will probably go there. We would like to have only one day trip, as we planned mainly on exploring Tokyo and maybe come back another time for the rest of Japan.
So its between Nikko and Kamakura, but I like that Kamakura is so close by the sea :)

by Dani (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Daytrip from Tokyo, canLt decide 2015/7/13 12:49
Kamakura definitely, lovely town with many historical Temples, be prepared to walk to enjoy!, there is a friendly tourist information counter on your right as you enter stye street from the station, they have many maps etc in English. I visit Kamakura often as my wives family live there and I always enjoy that town, have fun!.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Daytrip from Tokyo, canLt decide 2015/7/13 17:03
Nikko is great towards the end of October because autumn colors will be out, but it's also super crowded. Try to go during the week.
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread