Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with Kansai itinerary & luggage 2015/7/11 14:01
Hello everyone, I'd appreciate any input on my itinerary.

I am planning a solo 11 day trip to the Kansai region on September. I was planning on visiting Kyoto (4 days), Nara (1 day), Asuka (1 day), Koyosan (1 day) and Osaka (4 days).

I was thinking of starting in Kyoto, then go down all the way to Koyosan and finish at Osaka, but on a second thought I think carrying around my luggage (a medium size suitcase and a camera backpack) might be too much trouble.

So here are my questions

1. Is my itinerary too crowded? I don't want to over do it, but I'd really would like to stay in Asuka and Koyosan at least for a day.

2. Would you recommend spending less time in Osaka and staying more time at the other places? I'm also planning a day trip to Kobe

3. Do you have any recommendations regarding carrying around my luggage vs. spending more time and money going back to a locker (probably Osaka)?

4. If leaving it is a better option, do you advice somewhere in particular?

Thanks everyone!
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Help with Kansai itinerary & luggage 2015/7/12 21:43
Have you already booked the hotels?

I am planning a solo 11 day trip to the Kansai region on September. I was planning on visiting Kyoto (4 days), Nara (1 day), Asuka (1 day), Koyosan (1 day) and Osaka (4 days).

If you mean staying 4 nights in Kyoto, 1 night in Nara, 1 night in Asuka, 1 night in Koyasan, and 4 nights in Osaka, it seems quite reasonable to me. Osaka for 4 nights might be too much, but in that case you can day trip to Kyoto, Nara or Kobe etc.

As for luggage, you can keep it at your hotel before check in or after check out. If your hotel is far from the convenient stations, you can use coin lockers which you can find most of the train stations. I would recommend you to take one carry-on size suitcase and a backpack. You can keep your carry on size suitcase in the coin locker. Of course if your hotel is near the station, you can keep your luggage there.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread