Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it worth staying in otaru or niseko? 2015/7/11 22:04
I plan to travel from Hakodate on 6 August to Otaru to stay 1 night before going to Sapporo for 2 nights. Was wondering if I should change from otaru to niseko? What is your advise? For your info, we will be driving on our own
by Jerm (guest)  

Re: Is it worth staying in otaru or niseko? 2015/7/12 10:28
If there is something that looks interesting to you for doing in Niseko in summer (golf? hiking? river rafting?) or there is a hotel in the area that you wish to stay at, then I recommend to stay a night in Niseko. Otherwise, I see no reason for staying overnight there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth staying in otaru or niseko? 2015/7/12 11:17
If the weather cooperates staying a night in Niseko will reward you with spectacular sunrise view of Mt Yotei in the background. Just choose a hotel or ryokan that can provide this bonus. I believe some establishments actually advertise this feature in their websites. We were lucky and enjoyed the gorgeous view, getting up before 6.00 and went up to the observation floor where more than a dozen other hotel guests were already there with their cameras ready in the outdoor veranda.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth staying in otaru or niseko? 2015/7/12 13:31
I have been to Otaru. Main attraction is the canals. If you want to see it at night , then stay in Otaru, otherwise there isn't anything major to see in Otaru. Windy City. Found it a bit "empty", not many people...
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread