Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Christmas side trips 2015/7/12 04:06
Uji, LOVE the new website/format! (5 years since our last trip to Japan) The BEST Japan travel website, and only one I use and recommend.

Visiting in December, around Christmas. Tokyo 5 days, looking for a side trip. Does not need to be onsen. Previously visited, Hakone, west side Izu Peninsula, Nikko, Kamakura, Kawagoe.

Considering Takaosan.....what's it like in late Dec?

Mahalo,
PH
by papayahead  

Re: Tokyo Christmas side trips 2015/7/12 15:28
Hi papayahead, long-time-no-see! It has been 6 years since we last talked! How are you!?

During your time of visit don't miss the spectacular Sagamiko Illumillion winter light-up event. The place can be done as a day trip from Tokyo. Monitor the following webpages for the exact dates of the coming event this winter.

http://www.sagamiko-resort.jp/illumillion/
http://www.sagamiko-resort.jp/english/event/
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Christmas side trips 2015/7/13 10:31
Aloha William,

Thanks for the warm welcome....and you remember me!

Yes, finally getting back to Japan, just Christmas break trip. What do you think of Takaosan during that time? Worthwhile, or save for another trip?

PH
by papayahead rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Christmas side trips 2015/7/13 11:22
Hi PH

Yes, I remember you when we exchanged ideas here back in Feb 2009. You are one of the few accommodating seasoned travelers with positive feedback in the forum. And you had given us some additional information on one of our beloved region in Japan - Tohoku.

Takao-san is nice but I would save it for a visit in the fall as it is most beautiful during autumn foliage season.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Christmas side trips 2015/7/13 15:04
Aloha,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I'm puzzled about your statement about my positive feedback....I don't know anyone who hasn't enjoyed their trip to Japan! What is there not to like? Gracious people, delicious food, clean and safe environment, even for a non-Japanese language speaker like myself.

Tohoku-yes, it was definitely a highlight of our Japan travels....so many memories.....one year before the tsunami....

We will stick to Tokyo, and spend a couple of days in Narita. Just a trip to reconnect.....and EAT!! :)

Any suggestions are welcomed.

PH
by papayahead rate this post as useful

reply to this thread