Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chugoku/Shikoku natsu matsuri late august? 2015/7/12 18:54
*sorry, had to cut short the question.
'Any Chugoku and Shikoku natsu matsuri happenings at late august?

Hi all
After working so much, im taking 2weeks off from work and thinking to visit Chugoku and Shikoku this coming late august.
*I never been to this part other than Hiroshima

I'll be starting in Tokyo on 15-16. On17th i plan to go down south via flight (Vanilla/Jetstar/Peach).

Places im interested to check out are Yamaguchi, Matsue/Tottori, Okayama, Tokushima, Matsuyama. Im interested w/ custure and Nature. Im ok with some muzeum stuff and Shrines, but ok to skip if not enough time.

Currently my flow is like this
Flow A
------
Tokyo -(flight)- Fukuoka airport;go straight to Kokura to meet friend.
Kokura - Yamaguchi via bus or train. Yamaguchi sightseeing for few days
Then off to Odawara for a day or 2, then go up Matsue and Tottori
Tottori - Tokushima for a day or two
Tokushima - Matsuyama
Matsuyama then flight either back to Tokyo or KIX.

On 29-30 Aug, theres festival in Asakusa/Tokyo. It would be great if theres equivalent festival on any of places i plan to visit above, or i need to get back to Tokyo by 29 Aug (depart home midnight 31st, either from HND or KIX).

Flow B pretty much in reverse
Tokyo - Matsuyama - Tokushima,- Odawara - Tottori/Matsue - Yamaguchi - Kokura - KiX/HND

Places that i plan to visit are pretty much the spots recommended/highlighted by this site. And mode of transport pretty much train/bus and foot

Your inputs are greatly appreciated, especially on matsuri that involves dance, foods, hanabi etc
by ejump0  

Re: Chugoku/Shikoku natsu matsuri late august? 2015/7/12 22:35
You will miss most of the major festivals. The latest is the Shan Shan Festival in Tottori on the 16th when you'll be in Tokyo.

Korakuen Garden in Okayama will have its Genso Teien event, which is a very beautiful night-time light-up event throughout August, so that at least will be worth it.

by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Chugoku/Shikoku natsu matsuri late august? 2015/7/13 00:10
my gosh, so much typos in my 1st post. should be Okayama and not odawara(Kanto) lol.

Thanks for the response, Rabbit-san.
I want to experience the matsuri where they open stalls at night. guess my plan is just at the wrong time. I need to rely on the Asakusa festival for what im looking for.

im also open to recommendations on spots i should check out beside
Yamaguchi, Iwakuni, Hagi, Akiyoshidai
Tokushima, Naruto, Nagoro (doll village, worth visit?)
Matsuyama
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread