Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Final Itinerary Check 2015/7/14 10:41
Mostly I need advice on timing. Specifically with Kyoto. We had alot we wanted to do , but these are the main things we narrowed down due to time restrictions. I think we only have time for what is on the list, suggestions encouraged and welcome!

20TH FRIDAY TOKYO
SCHEDULE

Arrive ~3pm:
NEX (seat reservation) (1 hour) 5:30pm
Park Hotel Tokyo,
Dinner

21ST SATURDAY TOKYO
SCHEDULE

Akihabara (10 am)
(Mandarake)
(Kotobukiya)
(Liberty 8)
(Tam Tam)
Senso-Ji Asukasa (3pm)
Tokyo Tower (8pm)

22ND SUNDAY TOKYO
SCHEDULE

Depart : 8:10 Shinjuku Station
Kawaguchigo (view of Fuji)
Katchi Katchi ropeway
Chureito Pagoda
Return: 5:40pm
Dinner

23RD MONDAY
TOKYO-HIROSHIMA
SCHEDULE

Leave for HIROSHIMA 8:30am(5 hours)
Check in Rhiga, Hiroshima
Mon Nov/23/2015 - Wed-Nov/25/2015
Dinner Hiroshima
Dreamination
Peace dome night walk

24TH TUESDAY HIROSHIMA
SCHEDULE

Miyajima Island
Mt. Misen
Itsukushima Shrine
(night)
Dreamination
Peace Park night photos

25TH WEDNESDAY HIROSHIMA-KYOTO
SCHEDULE
Peace Memorial/Castle (AM)
Leave for KYOTO 5:30 pm (2 & 1/2 hours)
Arrive Kyoto
Check-in Machinya
Mon Nov/25/2015 - Wed-Nov/29/2015
Dinner

26TH THURSDAY KYOTO
SCHEDULE

Kiyomizu Temple, Morning 9:00am
Tea Ceremony , 1-2pm
Maruyama Picnic, Lunch, 3:00
Chojira Dinner Shimbashi
Walk Gion

27TH FRIDAY KYOTO
SCHEDULE

Fushimi Inari (2-3 hours)
The Fortune garden (Early Dinner)
Eikan-dō Zenrin-ji: 5:30pm-9:00pm
?????????????

28TH SATURDAY KYOTO
SCHEDULE

Golden Pavilion (AM)
Tenryu-ji
Arashiyama (Bamboo Forest)
??????????

29TH SUNDAY KYOTO-TOKYO
SCHEDULE

Heian (AM)
Leave for Tokyo (2 and ½ hours)
Grande Arc Hanzomon, Tokyo
Dinner

30TH Monday TOKYO
SCHEDULE

Ghibli Museum
Harajuku Takeshita-dori
Toy Sapians

1ST TUESDAY TOKYO
SCHEDULE

Last Minute shopping
NEX 12:00- Narita
Depart 4:30pm
by Will Lazarus  

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/7/14 15:10
Too early.
Post again on early Nov if still wonder.
I didn't read all.

Ghibli Museum need booking
but getting ticket very hard except last time of weekday.
by NGP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/7/14 15:58
I missed it. What month again?
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/8/4 11:35
This is November 2015, too early??
by Will Lazarus rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/8/4 18:46
Firstly, if you land at 3 you shouldn't reach at 530. 430-5 is about right.

Staying the night at kawaguchiko, and from there going to Hiroshima makes more sense. Also the night at kawaguchiko is calming. A hotel with sunrise or sunset views of lake and Fuji is great. Or with a hot spring. Or both.

Peace park and dome are next to each other. You could do the same on the same night. Way I see it, you will reach Hiroshima about noon. After lunch, leave your luggage somewhere before touring miyajima. After the sunset view of itsukushima and dinner, then check in for sleep.
This way you can leave straight for Kyoto on Wednesday. Or you could use your gained time to go to mitakidera.

You can do way more with your time In Kyoto. For example, in one day it is highly possible to walk about higashiyama. From kiyomizudera to heian shrine via yasakusa shrine in 4 hours. After lunch, from heian to silver pavilion via the philosoher's path. From there night out at gion/potoncho or teramachidori. After dinner, walk about downtown area and then train to fushimi inari for the night illumination.

Kyoto isn't all that big and is easy to get around. If you are an avid photographer though, 2 weeks isn't enough. If you'll just there as a tourist then there isn't much issue with your time.

In autumn, the temples and shrines has night illumination. Meaning you can see them in a different light and their hours are extended, so you can see more!

As for what to do in arashiyama, look at Japan guide for more details. There's a plan written for a full day there.
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/9/15 12:28
Arashiyama are is still my biggest open day.

28TH SATURDAY KYOTO
SCHEDULE

Golden Pavilion (AM)
Tenryu-ji
Arashiyama (Bamboo Forest)
??????????

I have zero interest in seeing Monkeys , which seems the thing for tourists to do. We have read about boat trips down the river , which seem expensive. So I could use some suggestion on what to do with that day. Perhaps another desination?

Also , we would like to visit a historic cemetary. I am not sure if tours cemetaries is frowned upon, we do it quite a bit here in the States. Is there a cemetary that is particulary interesting historically ?

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/9/15 12:43
In the 28th, I would include, after visiting the Golden Pavilion, a visit to Ryoan-Ji.
It is not far from Kinkaku-ji, and worth a visit.
by Sergio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/9/15 16:01
If you're in the Arashiyama area on Saturday 11/28, you might enjoy Otagi Nenbetsu-ji, especially from a photography perspective. Japan Guide doesn't really cover it, so here's a TripAdvisor page:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298564-d1386143-Reviews-...

I agree at the steep price of the boat tour. Apparently, they do boat rentals, which I'll be checking out when I'm in Kyoto just before you are:
http://www.insidekyoto.com/arashiyama-boat-rental-arashiyama-tsusen

Also, maybe we'll bump into each other in Tokyo! I'll be there from 11/21 - 25. Have a great trip!
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/9/15 18:36
Otagi Nenbetsu-ji is one of my favorite spots in Kyoto! It is off the beaten path and not many foreign visitors know about it, or take the time to visit it.

Totally worth a visit!!
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/11/4 11:47
BUMP

Thanks Heidi! Look for a guy with long hair, in a group of 6! I am 6 foot tall so I might stand out, although in a city of 13 million it would be a miracle if you saw me.

Thanks for the suggestion......2 week out bump for last minute suggestion to the itinerary.

We may revisit Fuji San when we return to Toyko if the first trip is cloudy or rainy. We plan ongoing first thing in AM to get a clear view, any other suggestions on viewing? We are planning on stopping at Kawaguchiko station from the highway bus and catching the rail to Cheurito.

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/11/5 12:50
firstly i think you could leave tokyo to hiroshima at 0830 hrs as planned you would arrive hiroshima at 1330 all stations can usually hold luggage so you could go to the peace museam in the afternoon save wasting this day better still leave at 0700 and you can arrive by 1230 have lunch then go museam check in is strict in japan and usually not till 2pm or 3pm anyways this way you could get one extra day in kyoto on the 25th or stop in at himeji on the way through i'm sure you will be able to see more temples than what you have listed see web sight kyoto walks to give you ideas or what temples are close to each other trains and subways much quicker than the bus as long waits and quite crowded end november as the fall best time to visit kyoto and the window is only ever 21st november till about 30 november by 3rd december all over as the leaves are on the ground. also for train timetables ideas of routes go hyperdia japan train timetable ,limit for certain train on japan rail pass if purchasing own fares have to add ticket price plus reserved or non reserved seat. anyways know more if you want might see you there i be there on the 21st happy travels
by joybe rate this post as useful

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/11/5 12:55
also just double check those dinner plans at chojira dinner is this really in kyoto

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/11/5 13:09
very cold in end november for boat there is also a train scenic that goes over the gorge sagano scenic railway ,might also see you there will be in arashiyama on the 28th its a date just kidding it will be crowded as it will be an awesome day for the fall colours to be at their peak . check out kyoto walks you can walk from arashyiyma to tenruji ,past bamboo groves through several smaller temples up to adashino-nembutsu-ji and still fit ryonnanji and the golden temple may have to jump a cab once or twice for the last two check [inside kyoto ] walking itineries] you can walk from kiodermdera to past kodaki and yasaka shrine through marayama park to choerien and shorein temples in about 5 hrs for slow pace lots of streets selling things and food stalls along the route through some preserved streets along route you then end up at higashima stn from there you can go back to kyoto central to catch subway to sanjo then change and head to gion corner for the evening it would make a big day but great

Re: Final Itinerary Check 2015/11/5 13:09
very cold in end november for boat there is also a train scenic that goes over the gorge sagano scenic railway ,might also see you there will be in arashiyama on the 28th its a date just kidding it will be crowded as it will be an awesome day for the fall colours to be at their peak . check out kyoto walks you can walk from arashyiyma to tenruji ,past bamboo groves through several smaller temples up to adashino-nembutsu-ji and still fit ryonnanji and the golden temple may have to jump a cab once or twice for the last two check [inside kyoto ] walking itineries] you can walk from kiodermdera to past kodaki and yasaka shrine through marayama park to choerien and shorein temples in about 5 hrs for slow pace lots of streets selling things and food stalls along the route through some preserved streets along route you then end up at higashima stn from there you can go back to kyoto central to catch subway to sanjo then change and head to gion corner for the evening it would make a big day but great

reply to this thread