Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to go 5 days in Hokkaido 2015/8/3 22:58
We a group of 10 paxs. First time to Hokkaido . Can u please suggest good location with eateries or sightseeings nearby as we will be taking the public transport while we are in Hokkaido. We will be arrival in the morning at 8am from a 9 hours flight on the first day and depart Sapporo on day 6 at 9am.
I have not book any hotel yet. Any suggestion.
Thank you
by Wendy foo (guest)  

Re: Where to go 5 days in Hokkaido 2015/8/4 17:22
It really depends on the season. When will you come?
In February I recommend the various snow festivals, especially the Yuki Matsuri in Sapporo:
http://zoomingjapan.com/travel/sapporo-winter-festival/

If you're interested in Ainu culture, then Hokkaido is the best place to learn more about it.

If you come in summer, there are so many great places I can recommend, most of them are accessible by public transportation.
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Where to go 5 days in Hokkaido 2015/8/4 17:38
We will be arriving Sapporo 6th January at 9 am n depart sapporo 11january at 9am. We actually have 5 full days in Hokkaido .
by Wendy foo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to go 5 days in Hokkaido 2015/8/4 21:54
So there will be snow. If you like going skiing than to area surrounding Daisetsuzan is popular for that. If you don't do that, stick near Sapporo. Going to Otaru, Lake Toya, and Noboribetsu only. Wouldn't want to get too far only to miss your flight due to blizzards or hail storms.
by Joshua Hugh Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to go 5 days in Hokkaido 2015/8/4 22:17
thank you very much for the information. appreciate it
by wendy foo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread