Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 18:12
Hi I want to ask you about the transportation from narita to Shinagawa. I'm trying to find the easiest way (without transfer to another train/line). I know that Narita Express is on the top list.

But in case in need plan B due to budget, I'm curious about the Sobu Yokosuka Line or Keisei Keikyu. Can I directly reach Shinagawa by Sobu Yokosuka Line or Keisei Keikyu? Or do I need to transfer? Where should I transfer (if needed). Thanks.

I've tried searching but I'm not sure whether it's direct or not.

Thanks!
by Natalia (guest)  

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 20:14
Like everyone will recommend, use Hyperdia to check your routes and schedule. There's a direct train from Narita to Shinagawa.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 21:21
by laurie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 21:21
Keisei/Keikyu trains bound for Haneda airport and JR trains bound for Zushi normally stop at Shinagawa (but double-check on Hyperdia for your particular train).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 21:28
JR trains bound for Zushi

... and many others actually, basically all ordinary JR trains stop at Shinagawa except those which terminate at Chiba or Tokyo.

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 22:52
I actually already checked on hyperdia before. I choose order by : transfer. the only option without transfer is by using narita express. I can't find those two other options. That's why I'm uncertain. Are those two other directly go to Shinagawa or gonna need transfer.
by Natalia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/4 23:35
If you're trying to go to Shinagawa from JR Narita or Keisei Narita, there are no direct trains to Shinagawa. From JR Narita, you'd have to take a local JR train to Narita Airport and then the NEX. From Keisei Narita, you'd have to take a train into Nippori and change to JR lines to Shinagawa. This is if you're not confusing Narita with Narita Airport (two totally different places). If this is the case and you want to get from Narita Airport to Shinagawa without transfers, then the ONLY option is the NEX.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 02:51
Indeed, the ordinary Keisei-Toei-Keikyu trains from Narita airport to Haneda, which do stop at Shinagawa, use the Keisei Sky Access line to Aoto, so they don't stop at Keisei-Narita.

The ordinary JR trains from Narita airport to the Yokohama area, however, do stop at both JR Narita and Shinagawa. Here's an example:

http://www.jreast-timetable.jp/1508/train/120/121751.html

(Also some Narita Express trains in the morning stop at JR Narita as well.)

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 02:57
To see those trains on Hyperdia, it is useful to untick the "Limited Express" box to eliminate the N'EX and Skyliner, and remember that two downward-pointing triangles in the left column means no transfer. Alternatively, just consult the station timetables from the JR East or Keisei websites, in Japanese but reading the timetables should be obvious.

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 05:00
You're right Firas, about local lines. I forgot to untick the 'express' box. Even if it was a budget issue, I'd hate to have to take the subway or commuter lines to get to Shinagawa on local trains, especially after a long flight and with baggage. Just not for me, but maybe for others it's okay.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 15:50
I'm really newbie who doen't really understand hyperdia and the transportation's operator/line. what is the meaning of two downward-pointing triangles in the left column means? because i see this result:
(departure) Narita airport
Keisei Narita Sky Access Exp.
(arrow) AOTO
Keisei Oshiage Line Access Exp
(arrow) OSHIAGE
Toei Asakusa Line Airport Ltd. Exp.
(arrow) SENGAKUJI
Keikyu Main/Airport Line Rapid Ltd. Exp
(arrival) SHINAGAWA

Can anyone please help me to read it? does the arrow mean?

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 17:26
As I wrote above:

remember that two downward-pointing triangles in the left column means no transfer.

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 17:45
Where "THX" comment??? http://goo.gl/dApVr0

Those arrows means just no need transfaring.
If need transfering orange icon [T ra.] plus HELP page mentioned why skipped???
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/help/help_ke.html#point_mark

Keisei- Exp.,Keisei Oshiagei- Exp and Keikyu- Ltd. Exp. are all same as one train
just name changing for own railways.
Keisei - Toei - Keikyu 3 companies rail total thru operating.
But no need remember full name each just "Access Exp." enough.
by MFN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Directly Go To Shinagawa From Narita 2015/8/5 18:11
Great! Now i understand more. I really didn't see help button on homepage haha pardon me. Now I understand what those arrows means.

I just searched on the hyperdia, sort by least transfer (also unchecked some transportatio types) now I see two options : using keisei (arrows) keikyu and using JR tobu (arrows) yokosuka. No transfer sign. Yes!

Once again thanks all for the answers and the tips for hyperdia :D

reply to this thread