Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haruka & Icoca card - single or round tip? 2015/8/4 23:46
I need to travel from Kansai International airport to Kyoto (stay for 4 days) then go to Osaka city (near Nijo temple area) for another 4 days).
Should I get round trip ticket for Haruka & Icoca or single trip ticket? Which one cheaper?
by Jg (guest)  

Re: Haruka & Icoca card - single or round tip? 2015/8/5 10:31
The round trip is cheaper.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: discount ticket for KIX access 2015/8/5 17:26
Regardless of the types of the ticket, you pay
1030 yen per way for the ticket,
500 yen as a deposit on the ICOCA Card
and 1500 yen which is to be stored as e-money on the ICOCA Card
when you purchase an ICOCA & Haruka package.

A one-way ICOCA & Haruka package includes a one-way ticket which can be valid for one calendar day and is to be used for traveling by JR-West from Kansai-airport Station.
A roundtrip ICOCA & Haruka package includes two portions of a roundtrip ticket which can be valid for 14 consecutive calendar days; one portion is to be used for traveling by JR-West from Kansai-airport Station and the other portion is for traveling back.

Note
: When you travel with a ticket in an ICOCA & Haruka package, you cannot use a seat which is to be reserved in a "Haruka" train.
: Every "Haruka" train is equipped with seats which are not to be reserved.

- JR-West: ICOCA & HARUKA
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruka...

You can recharge an ICOCA Card with e-money.
E-money stored on an ICOCA Card can be used for payment of both JR and non-JR basic fares (except JR basic fares concerning Shinkansen) on the wide railroad network in and around Osaka Prefecture.
You can use ICOCA e-money also for payment at shops and soft drink vending machines which accept ICOCA cards.

I need to travel from Kansai International airport to Kyoto (stay for 4 days)

If you travel so on one calendar day, either a one-way or a roundtrip ICOCA & Haruka package will do. This package may be a good choice especially if you travel to a place near Kyoto Station of JR.

then go to Osaka city (near Nijo temple area) for another 4 days

I wonder which area in Osaka City "Nijo temple area" refers to.

If you travel back to KIX [Kansai International Airport] from a place near either Namba Station, Shin-Imamiya Station or Tengachaya Station of Nankai,
a Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t Ticket issued by Nankai may be a good choice.
When you travel with this discount ticket, you can use a seat in a "Rapi:t" train which you have reserved in advance.

- Nankai Electric Railway: Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t Ticket
http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/ticket/ticket/tokuwari.html

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread