Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buses in Kyoto 2015/8/5 19:03
Hi there.

I will be going to Japan for the third time this November and my mum will be coming with me for part of my trip around Kyoto. She doesn't really like crowds to a certain extent, so I'd like to minimise any hassle for her where I can. (Yes I know it is peak season etc...)

I'd like to take her to see the Golden Pavilion having not been there myself and from where we are staying (Demachiyanagi), we can get the bus there.
It would be the first place on our itinerary for the day, and ideally I'd like to get there for when it opens so we can go to Ryōan-ji and then Arashiyama afterwards.

I've only had one journey on a city bus in Kyoto, and it was unpleasant so my experience ends there. So I'm not sure about peak times etc. In the mornings, what time would be best to avoid the buses?

Many thanks~
by nimotsu (guest)  

Re: Buses in Kyoto 2015/8/6 05:28
From Demachi-Yanagi take bus #102 to Kinkakuji, the 9th stop. Since #102 is a tourist bus with limited stops, it should not be too crowded.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Buses in Kyoto 2015/8/6 09:03
Aim to get a bus that will get you to Kinakuji at opening time, so that you miss the worst of the crowds. I took several buses in Kyoto in November and never had a bad experience, but maybe I was lucky!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread