Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserving hotels in Japanese vs. English 2015/8/5 22:18
I am planning a trip for late March of next year, and as I usually do I am trying to reserve hotels way in advance, just to be safe. I have all but two of my hotels reserved now, but I have a question about reservations:

One hotel I am hoping to reserve is in Fukuoka - when I look at their reservation system in Japanese, they show the dates I want as being available. If I look at it in their English version, I can't reserve anything past December of this year. Would anyone know why they have different availability between the two versions?

Because it is available using the Japanese version, I thought I would just reserve it through that one rather than waiting to see when the English one becomes available, but when it comes time to enter my address, it only allows for Japanese addresses in the form (there is a drop-down box for Prefecture that doesn't allow for any other option, and won't let it be blank). Is it still possible for me to register with a foreign address on a form like this, and if so what should I enter for the Prefecture drop-down?

Since I am still a very long time from the trip, I'm not terribly worried about the reservation yet, but I'm a bit of an over-planner and like to get things squared away as far in advance as possible. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
by frippscratch  

Re: Reserving hotels in Japanese vs. English 2015/8/6 11:53
Well, it could just be the English serving portion of their server was allocated less hard drive space and thus does not allow reservations too far in advance.

Options
Email them
Call them
Book another place
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread