Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

6 days in hokkaido. What to do in Furano? 2015/8/6 16:38
I'm going to be in hokkaido i from 20th to 26th of September, i already have all my hotel booked staying in sapporo on 20th and 21st, Furano 22nd until 24th and Sapporo on the 25th before leaving to Osaka on 26th. Anyone can give some suggestions to my itinerary ? Will be travelling by driving.
Day 1 : I'm only arriving to hokkaido late evening on the first day so maybe will just spend some time eating and shopping in Sapporo for the first day.

Day 2 : Leave to early in the morning to Otaru early lunch then to Cape Shakotan and Cape Kamui (early dinner or tea) then back to Sapporo at night

Day 3 : spend time in sapporo in the morning (clock tower, hokkaido university, government building) proceed to Furano in the afternoon. visit farm Tomita and stay one night in furano

Day 4 : Visit biei for farms, blue lake, asahidake ropeway and back to furano at night for stay

Day 5: Drive up to asahikawa, Asahiyama Zoo and have and sushi minato and asahikawa ramen for lunch/ dinner vice versa.
Any idea what to do in asahikawa besides visiting the zoo ? back to furano at night and stay one night

Day 6 : spend time in other places before heading back to sapporo at night ? any idea ?

Day 7: New Chitose airport and to Osaka
by Elisha (guest)  

Re: 6 days in hokkaido. What to do in Furano? 2015/8/6 21:57
How about going to asahidake to see some autumn colour?
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6776.html
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 6 days in hokkaido. What to do in Furano? 2015/8/6 22:26
Otaru looks best after noon and in the evening. I wouldn't go there in the morning.

Asahikawa is the second largest city in Hokkaido and a budding industrial metropolis. But besides that it is also a sleepy city with nothing much to do. Good to go to the surrounding area to ski in winter and good to use as a base to visit various sites due to the train connectivity. Besides this, there isn't any real point to visit there. It's more for staying.

Furano is great for summer and winter. On your month, I would just go to biei and stay there.

There also other places like sounky gorge
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 6 days in hokkaido. What to do in Furano? 2015/8/7 06:22
Asahikawa - there is the Otokoyama sake museum, restaurant, and park. The park should have summer flowers blooming (green area on map).
http://www.otokoyama.com/english/otoko_b/otoko_b2/otoko_b25/index.html
by kokumamushi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread