Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About money exchange euro to yen 2015/8/9 04:27
hi so i a talked with my bank and she told me with my mastercard card i will dont have any tax when i will take money but, i have read so much website about that they said its more worth to take our budget on euro and exchange in yen in Japan.
I dont understand why all people take euros to switch in japan when u have some bank offer no taxe when u will take yens in atm!
thanks for answer me :)
by mr2bonchan  

Re: About money exchange euro to yen 2015/8/9 06:25
Find out what your local bank charges for their buy and sell rates. While they might not charge a tax or commission, they may not give you the best price. Exchanging at a bank in Japan (at an airport) you might only pay a 3% premium to the "mid-rate". Other countries have wider spreads.

https://japancustomtours.co.nz/exchange.htm
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: About money exchange euro to yen 2015/8/9 16:41
You bank may not charge you for taking money out of an ATM in Japan with a commission, but also look in the exchange rate they use. It is usually not favourable at all.
One way or another, the bank will make money on your transaction: if people don't like to pay commission, they'll lower the rate instead :-)
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: About money exchange euro to yen 2015/8/10 00:24
thanks for fast answer and you are right, its to beautiful ! what about this:
http://www.kanpai.fr/change-euro-yen-guide
what should be the best thing to do
1-going on this websit and took my entier budget
2- taking my entier budget in euro and change in japan, but where?
what will be the best exchange?
thanks for answer and i am sorry i am not smart^^
by mr2bonchan rate this post as useful

Re: About money exchange euro to yen 2015/8/10 05:34
Recently there has been a lot of discussions on this forum on this topic. Search the forum and you will find lots of posts.
I have the impression most foreigners use the ATM machine to get cash. It is very convenient and if you have a card that doesn't charge you a fee each time you use it even better!
We visited Japan earlier this year and only brought some extra US dollars for emergencies. We never had to use them as we always got our cash from an ATM machine. We always used the ATM at the 7/11 convenience store. There are many 7/11 stores throughout Japan, it won't be a problem. You can also use the ATM machine at the post office.
Enjoy your trip!
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: About money exchange euro to yen 2015/8/10 05:36
Regarding exchange rates, you can see current rates in Japan at:
http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/exchange_e/index.html

The rest of your post in somewhat unclear. Are you talking about using an ATM card, or cash advance with your credit card? If the latter, you had better check the rates before buying. Many start accruing interest from the moment you get the cash, at virtually legal loan sharking rates.
Plus it's unclear what you mean exactly by "tax". A tax is charged by the government. There might not be any tax when you buy yen, but it's the exchange rates, other fees, and commissions you have to look at. Many might not charge you directly - but get their pound of flesh through very different exchange rates from the markets.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread